V.

He came to the kitchen. It was filled with the smell of roasted bacon. He leaned on the door frame and he was carefully watching her making a meal for them. She looked so innocent in her beige, linen dress and that leather corset. Her innocence was so fascinating to Sylas. He experienced so much pain and death in life that he was really admiring her. He knew nothing about her past. About her pain...

Oh! How long are you standing here?! - asked Althea with a really scared voice.

Shhh... There's no need to be nervous. Calm down a little.

- I just... I spent so much time alone that now every human being scares me a little. I'm not used to people's presence.

- It's okay, girl... It smells really nice. What did you prepare? - he asked

Uh. Just fried eggs, bacon and sandwiches with tomatoes. Nothing special. I have no food left, so I need to go to the town tomorrow.

- Do you need any help? I want to pay back for yours.

- I deduced that you're wanted by Demacia's soldiers. It'll be better if you won't show up in town at least until we're gonna give you a little makeover. I'm gonna buy some leather, fur and cotton. I don't have more clothes for you and your old ones are totally destroyed. You definitely need a new outfit.

- You're really smart. I just want to thank you in some way.

- Okay... If you're that willing to help, you can go to the forest and cut some wood. But it's not gonna happen until you're fully cured.

They sat down at the table in this little kitchen. Althea poured a cup of tea and handed a plate. His heart was filled with kindness he had never felt before. Nobody ever made him feel like he was needed and loved. Maybe there was no love between them. But their paths didn't connect for no reason.

I haven't eaten something that tasty for so long. Food in prison and Freljord villages was just a tasteless mush. A dozen or so years too many...

- Eat how much you want to. You need energy to recover.

- Ouch! - he howled in pain

That's what I meant. I had no time to fully heal you. I could just neutralize your pain for some time with my power.

They ended eating in silence. They were both exhausted after this long day. When he finished she took his dishes and put them in the kitchen sink.

I have only one bed, but luckily it's kinda big, so I hope there is no problem if we're going to sleep together. Bedroom is on the first floor. Can you go up the stairs?- she asked while she was helping him get up from the chair

I think so... Pain is getting worse and worse

- You're really hurt. If you feel even worse in the night, wake me up. I'll help you.

- Sure... Thank you... - he said and passed out on bed.

She covered him with blankets and put her hand on his forehead. He had no fever, so she quietly laid down next to him and fell asleep.