III.

She was walking hurriedly down the path thinking what she would see. Worried about his life she was traversing forests. Even animals like rabbits and her favourite deers followed her. Her heart was racing. For a moment she got lost, she hugged slim, but tall birch and heard him again.

I will find you here inside the dark

I will break through no matter where you are

She was almost there. After several minutes, she saw the man laying on the moss. There was a rabbit sitting next to him. Althea got really scared, he was unconscious. She fastly checked his pulse.

 - Thanks Gods. He's alive. - she whispered

She took out needed things from her sack and started to clean him from blood to see how deeply injured he is. She finally could take a closer look at him. His muscular arms were covered with the same marks as hers. He was a mage wearing Freljord clothes. He looked like he was in his early 30s.

Poor man... - she said

It was noon. Sun rays were falling at them through dense trees. He finally woke up. Althea was kind of scared. It was the first time for a long time that she was healing someone.

Ouch! - he howled in pain looking at his burns.

Hey... are you okay? - she said and looked at his overgrown face.

Yeah, I think so - he answered ironically

Sorry, it was really stupid question. Let me take you to my house. Can you walk?

Is it far away? I don't feel so good.

Around 2 hours away. It would be great if we arrived before dusk. Let me heal you a little more, so you'll be able to walk on your own.

She put her hands on his chest and the purple light started to fill her and him too.

I'll be the light and lead you home

when there's nowhere left to go

I'll be the voice you always know

when you're lost and all alone

I won't let you go

Now I'm feeling way better. Let's go.

Okay. We have to head to the north.

She grabbed his arm and led him to her cottage. It was getting dark when they entered the front door of Althea's home. He was finally safe. Once they closed the door it started to rain.

- Thanks Gods we're home. You would get sick if this rain caught us during the hike. Now I have to get you ready for bed. Come here...