Chapter 1 ~The City That Never Sleeps~

THE OUTFIT IS SHOWN TO THE SIDE-->
----------------------------------
'Cuz I've got a blank space baby'
'And I'll write your name'
'Boys only want love if it's torture'
'Don't say I didn't say I didn't warn ya'

I rolled over and hit the off button on my alarm clock. Argh! I slowly got out of bed and went to take a shower. I then brushed my teeth and blow dried my hair. It's shoulder length, due to me cutting it off after my nasty divorce with Chase. Chase. That's a name I haven't heard for a while. I wonder how he is. Obviously he's a stupid, arrogant, playboy. But I honestly wonder how he's been lately. Ugh! No get him out of my mind! After my little conversation I walk to my closet and pick out a pair of dark blue skinny jeans and a cream tank top with a chevron cardigan and pair the outfit with some gray heeled ankle boots. I then start on my makeup. I apply some eyeliner and mascara along with a bit of dark eyeshadow and top off the look with my signature lipstick shade of red. Right once I get done with putting my makeup away I hear a knock on my door. I walk to the door and open it. I swear my jaw drops at the sight of the man in front of me. He looks younger than me but is still gorgeous nonetheless. I'm 21 so he must be at least 19.

"Ahem" he clears his throat and I immediately flush "my name is Jordan. I live on the floor below. Anyways I heard you moved in today and I figured I'd introduce myself. I had no clue it was THE Lydia Stattin, the Angel, dang! You're hot" he said checking me out.

"Hm. You're a cocky one aren't ya" I said a bit amused.

"Well I mean I am hot so I might as well be confident" Jordan smirked.

"Ha ha. So funny" I said dryly.

"I know right?" He chuckled "So..." he said awkwardly.

"What?" I said confused.

"Aren't you going to invite me in?" He asked

"Um I don't know you. My mother taught me not to talk to strangers" I stated proudly.

"Don't you talk to strangers all the time due to you being over 18 and living in the real world without your mom" she said amused.

"Touché" I said and invited hime in. He walked through the door and whistled.

"Nice place you've got here" he observed.

"Thanks. Would you like anything to eat?" I asked considering I hadn't even eaten breakfast yet.

"Sure" he said and sat at the barstool at the island counter.

I checked my phone, it read 8:57am. "I do have to leave by 10am for work just so you know."

"Oh that's fine. I don't take long to eat" he said. We talked about little things during breakfast. About New York and the world and my job. Nothing too interesting. True to his word, he left by 9:45, but not before exchanging numbers with me. I had about 15 minutes until I had to leave so I cleaned up the dishes and made myself a coffee, then headed out.

I got to work at 11:26 and went into the studio. When I got to the studio where my photo shoot is at today, I immediately went over to my manager, Trisha, to find out what I'd be doing today.

"Hey Trisha. What's the plan for today?" I asked her.

"Well, I'm so sorry I didn't tell you before, but your going to be modeling with someone today" she looked sympathetic.

"Oh, and whom might that be?" I asked, thoroughly confused.

"Well, hemayormaynotbe yourex-husband" she mumbled really fast I couldn't hear here.

"Trisha, you've got to speak up" I encouraged.

"Hey may or may not be your ex-husband" and right as she said that the door of the studio swung wide open and in came a man I hadn't seen for the past, almost, two years.

"Chase" I gasped.

----------------------------------
HEY GUYS SORRY IF THE STORY IS MOVING TOO FAST OR TOO SLOW. THERE IS GOING TO BE A LOT OF THINGS THAT WILL BE HAPPENING IN THIS BOOK, SO BUCKLE UP AND ENJOY THE RIDE ;)

COMMENT & VOTE