Chapter 4 ~Dont Forget to Breathe~

The next morning I got up and did my normal routine of getting ready. I put on some maroon skinny jeans with a grey blazer and a pair of black Prada heels. When I went downstairs, I noticed the red roses in the case on the counter and cringed. I grabbed the note that Jordan had left me, and scanned over his number several times before deciding to call him.

"Hello?" A deep voice asked over the line.

"Um hi. It's Lydia" I said. The line was quiet for a while.

"Oh! Lydia. Hi, I didn't think you would call" he said chuckling.

"And why is that?"

"I didn't know models like yourself associated with normal guys like me" he said.

"Hmm. Well I'm not like all other models, Jordan. I'm my own person."

"Oh really? So you don't need to shop at all those expensive stores, buy everything that's expensive, wear tons of makeup, and look like a plastic Barbie" he laughed.

"Hey" I chuckled "I find that offensive. And plus, barbies are already plastic" I
retorted.

"Mmhmm" he mumbled.

"Let me prove that I'm not like all other models" I said.

"How?"

"Go to lunch with me this afternoon" I stated.

Four hours later, we were seated and a bistro in Manhattan.

"Welcome to Jane's, what would you like to drink?" The waitress asked while staring at Jordan. Not once has she looked at me.

"Ehem. I'd like the chicken breast with a garden salad and no potatoes please" I said closing my menu.

"Excuse me. I was not talking to y-" she stopped when she finally looked at me. Ah. She must have recognized me. "Oh my gosh. Your Lydia Stattin? But. How? Oh my gosh. No way!"

"Um did you get my order?" I asked and Jordan chuckled.

"Oh um uh yeah uh yeas I mean yes you did. I mean I did" her rambling was quite funny.

"Great. Now I'll have the turkey and Swiss bacon grilled sandwich with a salad as well and a coke" Jordan spoke up.

"Oh and I'll just have a water" I said.

"Alright sounds good. And um might I ask why you're here with this guy" she gestured to Jordan "when your husband is just over there?" She asked as she pointed to a booth. Jordan looked startled.

"Husband?" He asked "I thought you guys got a divorce."

"What are you guys talking about?" I asked. Jordan pointed to the booth. My eyes immediately widened at the sight of the familiar black haired man sitting with a red head that had a ring on her left ring finger. Did I mention they just kissed? No? Well they did. And I'm starting to hyperventilate.

I slowly stood up and stumbled a bit. I faintly heard Jordan ask if I was okay but all I could think about was why my heart was hurting like it did those few years ago. I shouldn't be upset. I can't be upset about this or over him. He's the one who left me. I was acutely aware of people starting to look at me as I suddenly fell to the ground and felt my head hit something really hard. My head hurt horribly all of a sudden. I heard Jordan shout my name so loud that I'm positive the whole restaurant was staring now. But all I noticed was darkness taking up more and more of the light. The last thing I heard was the voice. The voice that has haunted my dreams. The voice that said vows to me on the day we joined together. The voice that continuously told me he loved me. The voice that also shattered my heart.

And the voice that now said, "LYDIA?! OH MY GOD. SOMEONE CALL AN AMBULANCE!!! NOW!!" And then there was no more light.

----------------------------------

OH MY GOSH GUYS! WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT WHAT JUST HAPPENED? WHAT DO YOU THINK IS GOING ON BETWEEN CHASE AND THE RED HEAD? IS IT WHAT LYDIA THINKS? WHY IS CHASE STILL SO PROTECTIVE?

COMMENT & VOTE