Chapter 3 ~Old Memories~

LYDIA'S OUTFIT AND HAIR/MAKE-UP FOR THE DINNER IS SHOWN TO THE SIDE-->
----------------------------------
FLASHBACK::

Beep beep. Beep beep. Beep beep.

I awoke to my stupid alarm clock repeatedly making that annoying noise. I jumped out of bed and did my normal routine. Today is a big day. Chase had to work all of last night and through this morning to try and close a huge business deal. We are supposed to go out to dinner tonight so he can disclose the news of the deal to me. So I am going out for the day to get pampered, while he is supposed to come home and get ready or have a nap or whatever he cares to do.

I dressed in some faded blue skinny jeans and a white t-shirt with some gladiator sandals. I left my long hair down naturally curly. I put my diner dress on a hanger and into a bag and head out to my car after eating some cereal. Then, I went to the spa.

When I got to the spa, it was already 1:45pm. I got my hair done. Not cut or colored or straightened, just into a cute hairdo where it's pinned to the side and falls over my left shoulder. Then I got my make-up done. I hurriedly put on my white, silk dress, with rhinestones at the top, that falls gracefully to the floor, and put on my white silk high heels that match my dress. By the time I was done it was 6:55pm. I'm having dinner with my wonderful husband at 8 and the restaurant is about 45 minutes away.

I grabbed all of my stuff, paid, and went out to my care and drove to dinner. When I got to the high-end restaurant, I parked and checked my make-up and hair. I hastily got out of my car, with my clutch in hand, and walked inside. A lady escorted me to where Chase was sitting at a reserved table that's away from most of the people.

Chase stood and greeted me with a hug. No kiss. Hmm that's odd, he always kisses me in greeting. I went to kiss him but he turned his face and my lips came in contact with his cheek.

"Hey, honey" I said happily.

"Hello, please sit" he said and sat across from me.

"How was your day yesterday and today" I asked him trying to get over his weird behavior. Chase shrugged and took a sip of his wine.

"Good. Would you like some wine, Lydia?" He asked and without waiting for an answer, he poured some wine into my glass. Alright something's definitely up. He called me 'Lydia' and he never does that. Not even in a heated argument. "So, the business deal went way better than expected. I will be taking over they're company. So now I'm running two of the richest companies in the world. I am so happy with all that's happened I don't know where to begin" he continued on.

"That's great honey. So what happens now?" I asked him. I can't shake a feeling that something's going on. Oh my god. What if he's cheating on me?!

"Um, that's the thing. I will have to move to New York and start a new life there as soon as possible" he says while staring at his glass.

"What!? What the hell are you talking about Chase?! What do you mean we have to move to New York. I'm not stupid! I know we don't 'have to' move to New York just to run your businesses. They are perfectly capable of being ran here in California. So what's really going on? Huh? You've been acting strange since I first got here. Why are we mo-" I was almost yelling and then I got cut off by the simple sentence that had me in tears.

"WE aren't moving. I am moving. NOT us, JUST me" he said as if it was no big deal.

"What?" I croak out and I feel tears forming in my eyes. He looks up at me and I swear I see regret in them but it's quickly masked by a cold glare.

"I said I am moving. Not us" he said again.

"I heard you. But you seriously don't expect us to do a long distance marriage do you? We are MARRIED for heavens sake, Chase. We can't just live in separate states across the country from each other" I said heart broken.

"I know" he whispers "which is why we aren't going to do that."

"Huh?" I was so confused by that statement.

"I want a divorce, Lydia" and those words crushed my whole world.

"What?" I said barely above a whisper. He looked at me and he looked so torn. And in that moment I knew. "You're cheating on me aren't you!" He looked taken back.

"What? No. I would nev-" he started.

"There's another woman" I said with tears starting to slip "was I not good enough for you?"

"No. There is no other woman Lydia!" He shouted.

"Then what is it?" I screamed, not caring that we are the main entertainment for the people by us right now.

"I-I just...I-um-I..." he was whispering.

"Spit it out!" I yelled.

"I don't love you" his voice cracked at the end. That had done it. I let the waterworks fall freely out of my eyes. He looked so regretful but he hid it so fast. I was done with shouting and yelling at this point.

"So all of our high school years, you didn't love me, and our whole engagement, you didn't love me, and our whole year of marriage, you didn't love me. Was I some kind of test to you or something?" I said so calmly it even scared me.

"No! Not at all! I loved you all of those years. I...I just...don't love you, anymore" he said and I saw a tear leak out of his eye but he quickly wiped it away and masked his whole expression with an ice cold one.

"I want you out of the house as soon as possible" I said and started getting up.

"Don't worry, I already packed everything of mine up and it's out of the house" he said so calmly and it hurt like hell. I just nodded and ran out of the door.

The next month, after sulking and not hearing anything from Chase, I deleted his number, cut my hair, and stated modeling. It was something I always wanted to do. I became very well known in about a month or two and then started modeling for Victorias Secret. After almost three months of working for them, I became a supermodel and by the end of the year I was well known across the world.

I quickly moved on until I heard I was being moved to New York, where Chase lives.

----------------------------------
THANKS FOR READING GUYS! I HOPE YOU LIKED IT! IT SHOWS YOU WHAT HAPPENED BETWEEN LYDIA AND CHASE A WHILE AGO AND HOW LYDIA FELT. I MIGHT SHOW CHASE' POV ON THAT SITUATION SOMETIME LATER ON IN THE BOOK SO YOU GUYS CAN SEE IF HE REALLY WAS A HEARTLESS PERSON OR IF THERE WAS SOME SORT OF REASON HE LET LYDIA GO. BUT YOU MUST READ ON TO FIND OUT WHAT HAPPENS.

COMMENT & VOTE