Chapter 2

JAY
A month later
Excuse any mistakes. Enjoy!

"How's work man?" I asked Chris, my best friend since High School, over the phone.

"It's been good. Just trying to move on up the rank man," he said.

Chris started a position as a sale's intern at this firm in Houston in his senior year of college.

"Glad to hear that man."

Miss Miranda, an older hispanic woman, handed me a green smoothie. She came in the morning sometimes to make sure my diet was right.

"I packed all your meals away for today in the meal prep boxes. Make sure to eat them Mr. Moses. I know you need the energy for ball and the ladies," she said.

Huh?

"I will...Thanks Miss Miranda."

She gave me a side hug and left out. I fell back on my bed in my penthouse looking through the window. My face frowned when I sipped on the green smoothie, it wasn't too too bad though. It was nice outside and sunny this morning and this was just the beginning of the day.

"What you finna do this week?" Chris asked.

"Got training most of the day and then I may meet up with Jordan on Saturday in Atlanta."

"That sounds lit. I gotta come out there to see you soon man. It's been a minute."

"Yeah man come through. Whenever you come we can go have some fun out in the city and shit."

"On god."

"How school going man?"

"It's been good. You know graduation coming next year man and Kaylen and I might just be having a little something to celebrate you feel?"

"What y'all trying to do?"

"We wanted to have a big party and invite all the squad members since a lot of us gone be graduating around the same time."

"That's gonna be lit," I said.

"Yeah...you think you can come though?"

"Right now I'm open to come. I shouldn't be too busy or none. But...Kay probably gonna be there right?"

I wasn't sure if she was trying to see my face after that incident at the club in New York. It kinda was a curse and a blessing that we had the same friends.

"She might be. She been real busy with dance and stuff though. You know she moved to L.A. right?"

"Nah, I actually didn't know...She's dancing out there and doing school or is she just focusing on building her career now?"

I put my phone on loud speaker and scrolled through Twitter.

"She's doing both school and dance. Len said she changed her major to public relations."

I smiled to myself. She would be good at it if she wanted something to fall back on.

"Oh that's cool..." I said.