Teaser

JAY
Song: What You Know Bout Love by Pop Smoke
One year later

"Look, baby, I said I ain't gon' front
You got my heart beating so fast to words I can't pronounce
And I be getting the chills every time I feel your touch
I be looking at the top and girl, it's only us
All I need is your trust."

Pop Smoke rapped on the stage. I was sitting in the VIP section with some of the other basketball players from OKC. We decided to come out to New York for a weekend to just take it easy before the season started.

"Jay, man, you real chill bro," Will said drinking a glass of Ciroc.

The club was packed tonight and there were dancers on poles in the middle of the floor doing their thing.

"Appreciate it, man," I said leaning forward to fist bump him.

I took a sip from my glass of Sprite. Since the incident that night at the draft party in college, I haven't been drinking alcohol like that. Shit be trying to mess me up.

It was about five of us here tonight. Three of the fellas already had pairs of women around them, sitting on their lap and shit. We didn't even have to say nothing, they just came to us.

A girl with a tight dress and long black hair walked up to me.

"Jaylen Moses," she said biting her lips. "It's my pleasure."

She held onto my hand and Will started laughing. She stood me up and pressed her booty up against my front, then turned around to face me putting my hands on her waist.

"I wanna go home with you tonight," she said.

"Nah." Was always my answer.

I sat back down and watched her move to my teammate.

"When are you gonna start having some fun and meeting new women?" Will asked me.

I took another sip of my drink.

"Not ready for it yet man," I said.

"Jay, she ain't thinking bout you man. Continue your life. She probably off with another dude right now." He laughed.

"Nah, you ain't know her man. Excuse me." I got up and walked off to the bathroom.

Kayla been on my mind for a long time now. Whenever I slept, it was Kayla, whenever a girl came to talk to me, it was Kayla. I just ugh-

You know what, Will was right, I had to continue my life. I washed my face with some cold water then walked back out.

"I changed my mind," I said to the first girl that approached me. "Let's go back to my spot...if you still down."

"Yeah, sure," she cheesed hard and all the girls around her looked at her jealously.

It was their goal to get with an NBA baller. I finished my drink and dapped up the fellas before I left. They stood up and gave me a quick hug. We finna see each other back at the hotel later.

She held onto my hand and led me through the crowd. The hurt was still there for me...

The minute we got to the door, the host opened it for us when he noticed me, then like it was planned, she was standing right there in front of me. My heart started racing again.

Kayla Marie Payne.

---

Get ready!!