Chapter 13

"Who is this guy?!" I was on my knees trying to breathe as I got punched in the gut. We were introduced to The Big 3 and work studies. This guy, Mirio Togata, has the most overpowered quirk. He ends up explaining how he developed his quirk and became better with it.

'This guy is a beast!' I said mentally. He beat our class in such a short amount of time. Makes me wonder how Bakugou would've acted, maybe like how I beat him when he challenged me. I smiled at the memory. It's been a little while since I joined.

"Akarui, are you alright?" I look up and see Fumikage offering his hand to me, while the other one still holding his own stomach. I smiled at him, grabbing his hand as he then helped me up.

"Yeah, thanks, Fumikage. I really got the wind knocked out of me." I chuckled lightly, looking at Togata. "I know, Mr. Aizawa said it earlier, but something tells me he really is gonna be the next top hero."

He nodded in agreement. It took me a second to realize that we were still holding hands. "Hey Fumikage..." I whispered. "Hmm?" I pointed down at our hands. "As much as I wish I could hold your hand forever, but we are in school..."

He blushed a little. "Indeed, you're right." He let go of my hand, and for some reason, I felt someone looking at me threw the window of the ceiling. But nothing was there when I looked. It seemed that Fumikage also felt it because he also looked at the same spot.

"Hey guys! How's it going?" Mina jumped between us, which startled the both of us. "Oh, you know, recovering for a gut punch, nothing too special." I joked. She presses her lips together and then grins. "Oh yeah? Then why were you two holding hands?" she snickered.

"Because Fumikage was doing a boyfriend should do, check up on me." I smiled, and Fumikage blushed a little. "Shut the front door! Are you two finally official?" Mina gushed, and Fumikage nodded. "Indeed, since yesterday evening."

Mina grinned from ear to ear. "Oh, yesterday evening? Did you guys -" I cut her off immediately, already knowing where she was going with that. "Nope, Jirou, can you help me here?" I called for her, and Momo came along as well.

"I kinda overheard a little. Congrats, shall I take the problem away?" Jirou joked. "Problem? I'm not a problem, I'm a beautiful alien queen." Mina said happily. I shook my head and shrugged my shoulders. "Have at it." I said.

"What? I thought you loved me, Akarui?" Mina starts to pout as Momo and Jirou start to drag her away. I chuckled "Well we better get back to class." Fumikage nodded, and we walked side by side.

(Time skip to the next day)

School was done for the day, and everyone tried their best to go do a work study. Turns out Midoriya got in Sir Nighteye's agency with Mirio Togata. They were talking about how a lot of their internships can't take them on because of the responsibilities of having a student for a work study. "I'm the most unlikely person in the class to even have a work study. Considering you guys and the teachers here are the only ones that know I'm here." I said. Fumikage looked at me and poked my forehead. "Don't forget the promise I made to you." I smiled, remembering that day.

Not long from then, Mr. Aizawa came in talk to us. "Only pro's who are the real deal will take on rookies like you guys knowing the risks that are involved. Tokoyami, you got an offer from one of them. Hawks has invited you to work with him Kyushu and to bring Hikari as well." My eyes went wide-eyed, and I'm sure my eyes were pink with hints of gray.

Kaminari, Sero, and Sato were congratulating Fumikage and I. Mr. Aizawa was looking at both of us now. "Well, what do you both say." Fumikage looked at me with a little smirk, I nodded, and we both turned to Mr. Aizawa, I let Fumikage say the word. "We respectfully accepted." I was smiling from ear to ear. "Alright then. Well, make sure you both get the relevant paperwork later. Just let me know when you're expected in Kyushu. I can sign off your absences."