Chapter Three

(Adrien's pov)

There weren't rehearsals or anything today, so my schedule was pretty free. That is until Nino texted me of course.

Hey dude! You up to go sledding today? We could meet up in an hour.

Sounds good! I'll be there. I hit send and put my phone down.

It's cold outside so I make sure to dress in something extra warm. I fill up two bottles of hot chocolate for me and Nino. The sledding slope we usually go to is a long while away, meaning if I leave now I should get there just in time.

Now at the slope, I drive in a parking space and then get out to look for Nino.

"Hey! Over here!" I see him waving at me from the sled rental. I run over to him.

"Yo, Nino! What's up?" He gives me a pat on the back.

"Nothing much." Suddenly, Alya appears from behind him.

"Uh, hey Alya! Nino didn't tell me you were tagging along." I side eye him. I really would prefer not to be a third wheeler.

"Alya wouldn't let me." I give him a confused look.

"I-I mean, she called me last minute!" My best friend nervously laughs. His girlfriend nudges him with her elbow, giving him a glare.

"Marinette is here too. She went to the bathroom."

"She is?" My face brightens a little.

I know me and Marinette are no longer dating but, I never got over her. It was literally impossible. Yeah, she hates the fact that I even existence but I'm hoping one day I can fix that. Maybe with a miracle, this Christmas.

"Ugh, some stuck up snob was taking forever to fix her hair in the mirror and there was one sink. Just one!" Marinette complains as she walks over to us. She stops in her tracks.

"Uh, what is he doing here?" The bluenette asks annoyed.

"I'm here to sled obviously." I say while giving her a goofy grin. Marinette rolls her eyes.

"Whatever." She replies dryly. Nino turns to the man renting out sleds.

"Hi, could we have four sleds please?"

"Sorry man, but we only have two left. Would you like to take those?"

"Me and Nino will take one and you and Marinette can take the other!" Alya says excitedly.

"No way am I riding on the same sled as Adrien!" Marinette protests.

"Pretty please girl? I really wanted to sled today."

"Fine." She huffs, giving in.

(Marinette's pov)

I can't believe Alya is trying to get me to spend time Adrien. I can tell by how hard she's trying. I decide to pull her aside to privately talk.

"Alya! Why are you so keen on getting me and Adrien close? You know why we broke up." I hiss.

"I know girl but, don't you see the way he looks at you? He's still in love with you!"

"I don't care if he hasn't gotten over me because I have. I'm still hurt you know." Alya sighs.

"Sure Mari. I do know that deep down in your heart you still love him too. I don't know why you buried it so far down but maybe you and Adrien should just talk about what happened in order to start over." She suggests.

I bite my lip and think it over. There's a tiny chance I possibly still like Adrien but love is a far stretch. Oh shut it Marinette. You know you still care about that boy no matter what you say. Stupid thoughts. They never know when to shut up. I most definitely am not in love with my ex.

"Girls! Are you ready?" The boys call us, pulling me out of my thinking trance.

"Yeah!"

We all join together and walk up the hill we were sledding down. Once we get up there, Alya and Nino sit down on their sled with Nino in front while me and Adrien do the same with him in front.

"On the count of three. One, two, three, GO!" Nino shouts.

Our sleds slide down the slope at rapid speed.

"This is so fun!" Alya squeals.

As much as I hate to, I wrap my arms around Adrien's torso. I can't help it that I'm a bit scared that we're going so fast. Ooh, he's warm! I shush my thoughts when our speed increases. The sled starts to veer to the side.. right towards a tree in the distance.

"Marinette, jump!" Adrien yells. He tumbles off the sled. I on the other hand, don't have time to as the sled nears the tree. I scream just before hitting the tree.

"Oh my gosh! Marinette are you okay?" His voice is full of concern. He checks me all over for injuries, then pulls me into an embrace.

"I was so scared something happened when you didn't jump." Adrien confesses. I pull away.

"A little too soon, don't you think?" I say.

"Right, sorry." I crack a smile.

"Thank you.. for caring." He smiles at me.

"I will always care about you."

His genuine statement causes heat to flood to my cheeks. Me and him might not be on the best terms yet, but maybe he really is sorry. Alya was right, we need to start over. Don't get me wrong, I'm not completely at that point right now but, I will be soon.

Merry Christmas Eve! Sorry this took me almost 2 weeks to get out but y'all know how life gets. I was so overjoyed and shook when I saw that 'Adrienette: An Arranged Marriage' was #1 in adrienagreste today! I don't know how long it will last, but I'm glad of all the things I've accomplished with the book. I'm also very thankful to you guys because it would not have happened it the first place if not for the readers. I hope you all enjoyed!

-Lots of Love, Lanie🌸