[C31] the holiday lights

< Maeve's POV: December 20 >

5 days until Christmas, if it weren't for all the snow, I would be on my way to Florida right now. But as sad as that is, I'm quite happy I'm here with Tommy and his family. It was slightly awkward waking up next to Tommy, and kind of uncomfortable... But that's only really because I'm so used to having a huge bed by myself. Now I'm being forced to share it with a 6'6 tall gremlin.

That morning we had breakfast with his parents. Tommy's mom was kind enough to cook more than she usually does. The snow outside wasn't as tall as I thought it would be. When Tommy and I went out for dinner yesterday, the snow was still falling. And once we got back it slowed down but still expected to snow throughout the night.

I guess it didn't tho, consider the snow was only up to my calf. I do miss milo, betty and Walter have been keeping me company. Not to mention the British boy who's been very observant of me. He's been making sure I feel okay. Which I'm so grateful for. Now, he and I are sitting in his room as he views the video being uploaded to his channel today.

I got a three week paid break from work, they considered it as a Christmas gift to their most hard-working photographer. And I mean I'm not complaining. But I do miss talking to my clients and editing. Luckily for me, I never go anywhere without my camera.

"You okay Maeve? You've been staring at your camera for who knows how long now." Tommy asks me

"yeah I'm good, I just wanna take photos."

"Well how about we go around the town and you can take photos of me!"

"Of you?"

"Yeah! Charity work!"

"Shut up you moron"

"So no?"

"Yeah let's go."

"AHAHA!"

This man's ego's bigger than my brain. Its almost 3 PM, we both got ready to go out. I don't know my way around Tommy's home town. So I'm trusting him on where he'll take us. I'm from Florida. It's never cold there. Moving from hot humid Florida to the cold ass UK is something I'll never get used to. No matter how many jackets I wear, I will freeze until I look like a fucking popsicle.

I wore so many layers to keep me warm, but the moment I went out. I was already freezing! The snow is beautiful, but I do not like the cold.

Tommy and I got into his car and he drove carefully on the snowy road. I brought my camera and other things but assuming I won't be using them much since of the cold weather.

Tommy brought us to a shopping center. There we had lunch and walked around, being able to take photos of the boy. The more we walked and enjoyed the winter scenery, the more I got cold. Starting to shiver at some point.

"You look like Rudolph," Tommy laughed at me

"the reindeer?!"

"yeah! your nose and cheeks are cherry red. It's quite cold innit?"

"Yeah, very."

The boy chuckled, taking off his scarf and putting it around me. Trying to cover as much as my face to keep me warm, "thank me later. Lets head to the cafe, I'll buy you a hot drink."

I nodded, trying to hide my stupid grin. I can feel my face heat up, I refuse to believe I'm blushing.

We got to the nearby Starbucks and ordered our drinks, "hi, can we get a grande salted caramel hot chocolate and a tall peppermint white hot chocolate but with less sugar." Tommy says to the Starbucks worker

"you remember my drink order?"

"of course I do."

"that'll be £7.55." the employees say

Tommy paid though I offered and wanted to since he's always paying for me. Manz said I have more followers than you and felt pity. I'm kidding. Anyways! We sat at a table near the window. Waiting for our drinks to be ready. When it was, an employee called Tommy's name and our orders. I stood up to get both drinks, the same employee who took our order handing me a napkin. I smiled at him then walked back. Handing Tommy his drink.

I was about to use the napkin to wipe the drops of my drink spilling out until I saw there was something written on it.

***-***-**** call me ;)

I looked up from the napkin and looked for the employee, he was stood by the waiting area, glancing up at me once in a while.

"Did he just?" Tommy asks seeing the napkin

"Yea..." I say awkwardly, "bold, he shoots his shot."

"You gonna call him??"

"Nah, I'm not looking for anyone right now." I laugh lightly, I let the napkin sit on the table, Tommy and I talked and kept warm at the cafe for maybe an hour? When Tommy and I were ready to go, I place the napkin in my pocket and while going out threw it away hoping the guy didn't notice.

By now the sun was already down, even colder than it was before. The town lights turned on, and fireplaces around the center were being lit.

"There's one more place we should go! It's just around this corner." Tommy says taking my hand and leading me to the area. I was taken back at the boy holding my hand. We turned the corner and in front of us were miles of Christmas decorations and show lights. Christmas songs filling the air.

"Saw this on yelp! You said you wanted to see lights, this is the best I could find." He laughed lightly, he smiled at me and walked in. There was a designated path, other people walking along too. Different Christmas trees, Lights everywhere in all different shapes. Hanging snowflakes and ornaments. Light strobes and blow up toys.

Classic Christmas tunes playing as we walked. It was beautiful. Snow starting to fall, Tommy's hand still holding onto mine. And yet again it feels just like a stupid romance Christmas movie... But I'm not complaining.

Tommy and I stopped by a fireplace, he has a smile plastered on his face. He started to talk about something he saw on Twitter. Seemed very passionate about it.

At that moment I look at the boy, inches taller than me. The color of his eyes only popping out more, the snow falling onto his hood. His lips pink and cheeks flushed. His blue eyes looking back at me.

I wanted to make him shut up, the sudden urge to kiss him. Get up on my toes so he and I are at the same level, my lips on his.

As much as I wanted to... I didn't

-
Published: 12/09/20
Trying to figure out how i'll be uploading chapters this month. I didn't realize how less time I put between Christmas and when Tommy and Maeve arrived at his parents home was. Christmas chapter will probably be uploaded a week earlier unless I decide to schedule chapter uploads. I hope you guys have a good day/evening/night! Enjoying the holiday chapters so far?
-