Chapter 12: King.

Start from the beginning

You shrugged. "It doesn't matter. Some of my castmates found out. I'm the local tramp now." you took a big gulp of water. "It's fine. I just hope Charlie doesn't get upset."

A devilish grin appeared on Jeffrey's face. "Oh? Is daddy gonna punish you?"

You kicked him from under the table and he winced.

"Maybe I'll just send him your way? You'd like that, wouldn't you?" You bit your bottom lip and grinned.

"Bitch, please. I would rock his world so good, you would never see him again."

____________________________________________________________________________

You waited in your apartment for the bed to be delivered, sitting in a folding chair that was positioned by the window, next to a ledge that you used a side table for your coffee mug. At that point, it was the only piece of furniture you had; a folding chair next to a window. It didn't discourage you, though. You found it refreshing to start over and rebuild on your own.

Well, kind of on your own, with Charlie helping until you could get there.

A knock at the door echoed through the empty room as you stood and walked over to let in the delivery guys. They piled in with all the furniture pieces and began putting the bed together.

Something definitely looked off when they set the frame down because it was much larger than you remembered. You worried it was too big for your studio as you scanned the receipt to verify what you purchased.

"Um, quick question. Is this a full?" You asked, pointing at the receipt and showing one of the delivery guys.

He pulled out another receipt from his back pocket. "King." He handed you the paperwork that showed a king sized bed to be delivered to your address. Confused by the misprint, you started to panic.

"Whoa, I ordered a full. I can't afford anything bigger." you said as you watched the men construct the four poster bed into the air. You realized it looked almost identical to Charlie's. In fact... it was Charlie's bed, but in the color white.

"Sorry miss, I just do what the paperwork tells me." the man shrugged, leaving you in your stupor as he helped the other guys finish putting the bed together.

Once everyone left, you closed and locked your front door, walking over to the bed that was so massive, it took up the majority of your tiny studio. You ran both hands through your hair and sighed. It was absolutely beautiful but you knew it was way out of your price range. It would take you years to pay him back for this.

You glanced around for any free space, wondering where in the hell you would put a sofa or a small dining table. There simply wasn't room for anything else. Your entire apartment was just one big bed now. A part of you resented him for making such a big change without consulting you first about it.

You sat on the plush mattress and bounced up and down. You lifted your legs up and reclined back to lay down. Holy fucking shit, it was the most comfortable bed you'd ever felt in your life. You playfully rolled several times across the extra wide mattress until you reached the other side and giggled.

Okay. Maybe you could forgive him. For now.

You arrived at the theatre that evening and saw Charlie standing near the audio booth, reviewing settings with a tech.

"Mr. Barber, may I speak with you?" You said, in the most professional tone, catching his attention away from the tech as he gave you a wicked look.

He patted the tech on the shoulder without a word and walked past you, nodding in the direction he was walking as an unspoken invitation to follow him into the private audio booth. You walked into the cramped space, trying not to bump into the motherboards and switches that were lit up in all different colors.