Chapter 41

In a short six months, Noelle had become the most requested portrait photography around. Happy did his best to curb his jealousy when some of her male co-workers talked to her for longer than he thought they should. She was now being paid eighteen dollars an hour and worked a forty-hour work week. She always put money back for emergencies something Happy really loved about her. She never spent money excessively. Every so often she'd pick up a new outfit if she went out with Gemma and Tara on a girls day out but that was rare.

They had moved into his house on the outskirts of Charming so the club could use it as a safe house for some of their Tacoma brothers. She had been flabbergasted to learn her 'ol man had a house of his own. It was bigger than a single man needed but not overly large either. She settled into his house quickly and put up a few of her own pictures around the house to make it less of a bachelor pad and more like a home he shared with his wife. He hated it when she forced him to head to her work so they could have a few professional portraits made. He was refusing to go until she exclaimed she wouldn't give him sex until he agreed. It only took him three days before he caved.

She loved the professional pictures she had of her and Happy. Of course, he never smiled in any of their pictures but that didn't matter to her. One day she began to feel ill. She hid it well since he was on a two-week run. After several days of vomiting in the wee hours of the morning, she booked an appointment with her doctor. After doing lab work, getting pamphlets, she sat in her car in Teller-Morrow trying to compose herself. She'd fought tears the whole way from her doctor's office to the lot. Happy would be gone for another week at least and she didn't know what she was going to do. She finally stepped out of her car and walked into Gemma's office.

"Sweetheart, what's wrong?" Gemma asked.

Immediately Noelle broke down crying making Gemma walk around her desk and pull the younger woman into her arms.

"I...don't...know...what...to...do..." Noelle stuttered.

"I can't help you if I don't know what's wrong." Gemma stated.

"He doesn't want them. This was an accident. I just don't know what to do!" Noelle began to sob as she clung to Gemma.

"Doesn't want what?" Gemma inquired.

"I've been...feeling sick...so I broke down and went to my doctor..." Noelle trailed as she sniffled, "They did tests and I found out....he's going to be so angry..."

"Found out what, baby? Happy loves you, sweetheart. Whatever it is, he'll help you through it." Gemma ran her hands through Noelle's hair.

"I'm pregnant." Noelle whispered, "Happy's already said he doesn't want kids."

"Oh, sweetheart. He's going to be thrilled that you're having his baby!" Gemma gave her a squeeze as there came a knock at the door.

"But he's already stated he doesn't want kids!" Noelle exclaimed as Chibs walked into the office.

"What's goin' on?" Chibs inquired.

"Keep this between us." Gemma instructed, "Noelle's pregnant. Says Happy has already stated he doesn't want kids."

"Congratulations, lass! It may take a little while, but 'e'll come around t' 'avin' a child. 'e loves ya with all 'is 'eart." Chibs exclaimed as he walked over to engulf the crying woman from behind.

"But he said..."

"Shh. He'll be fine. Like Chibs said, it may take him a little while to wrap his head around having a child of his own, but he'll come around. You've got that man wrapped around your little finger." Gemma stated as Noelle tried to quit crying.

"Please, don't say anything. He needs to hear this from me." Noelle stared at the floor.

"Aye, lass. Our lips are sealed." Chibs rubbed her back.

Once she'd quit crying, she thanked the pair. Gemma suggested she come over for dinner that night. She'd invite Lyla and Tara and their children and they could have a girl's family dinner. Noelle just nodded knowing she'd only cry the rest of the afternoon and wouldn't feel like cooking on her own. Gemma gave her a squeeze before letting her go. Chibs pulled her into his arms for another hug before letting her go. He then told Gemma about needing a part ordered so she got to that. Noelle mumbled a "thank you" to Chibs before she left the office and headed to her car.

She still wasn't as convinced as the other two about Happy's reaction to being pregnant. If he rejected her because of the pregnancy, she didn't know what she'd do. He was her whole world. She'd learned to love the club and had adopted them as her new family. Losing them would devastate her. She wiped the tears away as she drove home. Would she keep the baby? Should she abort it and act like she was never pregnant? Would he get mad at her if she did that and he found out about it? She sighed for the umpteenth time as she pulled into her driveway. She knew what time to be at Gemma's so she plopped down on the couch and looked around the house.

They'd have to baby-proof the house. One of the two guest bedrooms would have to be turned into a nursery. They'd have to start acquiring baby furniture. There was so much they would need. Baby clothes, bottles, diapers, a play pen, carseat, stroller. She sighed again. Her biggest fear was his reaction. Everything else hinged on that. She could afford to move into an apartment by herself since she was making good money at the portrait studio.

Shortly before she had to be at Gemma's, she left the house she was currently sharing with Happy and made the drive to her host's house. Tara's car was already parked in the driveway so she parked by the curb. Taking a few deep breaths, she climbed out of her car and walked up to the door. She walked in and saw Tara's two boys sitting on the couch watching a movie. Tara and Gemma were in the kitchen chatting about random stuff when Noelle entered the kitchen. Gemma greeted her with a hug as Tara gave her a wide smile. She asked if there was anything she could do so Gemma told her she could set the table for her.

Lyla arrived with her three kids soon after. Gemma asked for help in getting the food to the table but wouldn't let Noelle help. She sat down at the table and waited while the two mothers got their kids situated at the table. Gemma thanked everyone for coming and said how nice it was to have a girl's dinner. The adults chatted about clothes, food, their kids, something funny one of the guys had done or said, and other random things as they ate. Noelle didn't talk much just sat there and listened to the chatter around her. It was a nice gesture but her mind was still miles away.

Lyla asked Noelle how her job was going bringing the youngest woman at the table back into the conversation. She smiled and told the small group how she was doing at work, how she was getting along with her co-workers, and how she was glad she didn't have anyone smacking or pinching her butt at work anymore. Lyla laughed and Tara nodded. Gemma just smirked as Noelle talked. The Matriarch could tell Noelle was still unsure about the pregnancy but there was nothing else she could do for the younger woman. Tara shared a story about her work so Noelle tried to pay attention.

The three women helped clean up from dinner before sitting around the living room for a while chatting. The kids watched a movie while the women chatted. Noelle was back to being quiet and introverted which Tara was starting to notice. The younger woman wasn't usually so quiet and it was starting to worry the good doctor. After a while, Noelle said she needed to get home. She thanked Gemma for the wonderful meal and evening before giving the Queen a hug. She hugged the other two women before leaving to go home. Gemma sighed wishing she could lift Noelle's spirits but knew no one but Happy would be able to do that.

A/N: How do you think Happy is going to react to the news of her pregnancy?

Please review and vote below! Don't forget to add this to your library so you never miss an update!