17

Jieun had started her day by waking up at the ungodly hour of 1:00 in the morning.

She did her regular routine which included a new step, and that was to make sure Bongsik hadn't run away from home and come to her house.

She sighed as she saw that the cat wasn't sitting outside. She spent the next few hours, unhealthily, watching kdramas that she missed because of work or school.

Jieun tried to eat something, but couldn't. Jieun is usually not bad at making sure she eats regularly, but lately she just felt so tired.

It was as if eating was a chore that she had no energy to do. These days she came home late and ended up going straight to bed after having a shower, completely skipping dinner.

But she never walked home alone after that day. In fact, Renjun was always there to walk her home.

You see, they had midterm exams this week. So the boys and Jieun had been very busy studying.

Apart from the occasional text that she got from Chenle or Jisung, she hadn't seen or heard from any of the other boys except Renjun.

He would come to the cafe everyday with all his stuff, and study there while waiting for Jieun to finish her shift so that he could walk her home.

Jieun smiled as she remembered that he would be there today too, and that after today exams would be finished.

As embarrassing as it would be to admit, Jieun sometimes found herself just staring at the boy as she worked.

I mean can you blame her? He has some ridiculously good looks.

............................................................................

Jieun stretched her arms out while sighing. Today hadn't been very busy, but people had still come. A few students who had finished their exams, a lady and her son, a grandma, and a young couple.

Jieun took a hair tie out and put her hair into a ponytail. As soon as she finished the cafe door opened with a little ring.

She looked up and a small smile came on her face. All the boys had come.

They must've finished their exams, she thought as she watched them sit down at their usual seat.

She got her notepad, which was almost out of paper, and walked towards the table.

Chenle and Jisung smiled brightly at her when she came close, she showed them a small smile.  Jeno nodded at her while Jaemin, Mark, and Haechan didn't say anything but look at her.

Renjun was staring at her, but made no move to say anything. Which didn't surprise Jieun. Whenever they walked home, they wouldn't really say anything and just walk in comfortable silence.

"7 americanos please." Jisungs said as he looked at her with sparkling eyes. Jieun was a little confused, what was with them today?

She nodded knowing that one of the americanos will always be different compared to the others.

She was about to ask if there was anything else they wanted when Renjun spoke up, "Actually, could you make that 6 americanos, I want a dalgona coffee."

The boys looked at Renjun in surprise. He usually liked to stick with what he knew, he didn't really go off his regular stuff.

Jieun smiled at nodded. She knew exactly why Renjun had ordered that.

One day, when Jieun was working and Renjun came in he had told her that he wanted to try something different. He had always ordered an americano.

She told him to get a dalgona coffee since it was sweet and very different compared to americanos.