1

The door to the of the café opened and Jieun greeted a young couple with her usual smile. It was a miracle if you managed to find your soulmate in this world. Jieun loved to hear her mother's story on how she met her father. In fact, she was so excited when she found out that she had more than one soulmate. 

The size of her mark showed that there were about seven of them. The thing was that she already met them. They met each other on the first day, she had seen their mark and known immediately. The only thing was that thy didn't know that she was their soulmate. She looked over to the table that they were seated at, and her heart broke . . . 

when she saw them with another girl.

You see, they come to this café every week. The girl was their girlfriend. When Jieun found out she was heartbroken. She cried so much that even the neighbors were beginning to get worried. After she got over it she realized that her soulmates were very happy and that she always wanted them to smile even if it hurt her. They were already partially bonded to her, she had seen their mark. So in order to complete the bond they had to touch her soulmate mark, which was on her arm. 

It is very dangerous to be half bonded to your soulmate. Her mark was constantly in pain and she always wore long sleeves or sweaters, although it was harder to do that in the summer.

"Hello? We're ready to order."

Jieun whipped her head to see who it was. The couple who had come earlier had their hand raised as their table. Jieun nodded her head and picked up her notepad. She quickly looked back to the boy's table, where she made eye contact with one of them, before quickly looking away and going to the couple's table.

"Hi, what can I get for you?" Jieun said with a small smile.

"Uhm, do you have any couple specials?" The woman asked with furrowed eyebrows, as she looked at the menu. 

You see, it was common for most cafe's to have a couple's special or anything related to soulmates in order to bring in business. In reality it was a great idea, and it was probably the reason why they didn't have as much business. However Jieun would never want to work anywhere else.

"Sorry but we don't serve any soulmate specials. The café is a place where everyone can come and be comfortable. Those with soulmates, those without soulmates, and those . . . who lost their soulmates." Jieun said the last part in a low voice. The woman immediately looked to the man before looking at Jieun.

"Oh my god, I am so sorry. We didn't know." She said franticly and in a hushed voice. Jieun merely shook her head, this was the case with many people who came into the café, and she could see that both the woman and man were really sorry.

"It's fine, there's nothing to worry about. Is there still anything that I can get you or do you need more time to think about it? Jieun asked. The woman ordered a pumpkin spice latte while the man ordered a simple black coffee. Jieun nodded after she took the order and said that she would be back in a minute. As Jieun was making the order the bell rang again. As she looked up, she saw the last person she ever wanted to see.

Kim Soojin.

.............................................................................

The boys were seated at their usual table, they always sat here every time they came. They had been coming to this café ever since it opened a few months ago.

Mark, Haechan, and Renjun were talking about their upcoming classes and assignments, while Jaemin and Jisung were listening as Jeno told them a story from when he went to the convenience store. Chenle on the other hand was looking down at the table. Jisung was the first to notice how quiet his best friend was being. 

Usually you could hear his dolphin laugh from far away. Slowly, the other boy's began to notice how quiet the two youngest were being. Aside from the fact that they all shared a soulmate, the boys were literally brothers. 

"Hey, you guys okay?" Mark asked. He was concerned and you could hear it in his voice. Chenle's head snapped up as soon as he realized that Mark was talking to him. 

"Huh, oh. . . yeah." He replied, you could see that he was distracted.

"You sure?" Haechan asked. Chenle just nodded and went back to staring at the table. The boys continued to look at him for a while. But slowly went back to their conversation's, dismissing it as maybe needing a little alone time. They were currently waiting for their girlfriend of three months. She wasn't their soulmate, but they didn't care. They loved her anyway. They had even come up with a plan for when they meet their soulmate. 

They would tell them that they had a girlfriend and that they were very in love, and that they hope their soulmate could find it in their heart to forgive them. Who knows? Maybe their soulmate had found someone else too. 

"Hello? We're ready to order." Chenle looks up to see the waitress walk towards the table that had come earlier. He quickly looks to see if the boys were still talking, when he saw that they were he looked back at the waitress. She had been working here ever since the place opened. The girl quickly looked over to their table quickly, making eye contact with Chenle, before quickly looking away again. 

Lately, Chenle had been starting to feel different about their girlfriend. He had started to see a different side of her. She was more bossy, whenever they went out she would always ask them to spend money, she never seemed to have time anymore and she hadn't gone on a date with them in a long time. 

He was a little scared at the fact that he might be falling out of love with her. The boys had always been together, he knows that the other really love her with the bottoms of their hearts, but he didn't think he could do that now.

The bell rang and the boys looked up to see who it was, most hoping it would be who they were waiting for but one was hoping that it wasn't. Chenle could feel his heart drop as the girl he wished wouldn't come, came in. The girl looked around before landing her eyes at he table where the boys were at. She walked over and took the seat between Jisung and Chenle. 

"Hey babe, how's it going?" Jaemin asked as he leaned forward. The others had given her their full attention, but Chenle didn't want to look at her face, he couldn't. She took out her phone and started to look at it. "Oh good, nothing important happened recently." She didn't look up as she responded. Chenle looked over to the boys and could see that they were hoping for a little bit more than just that. 

Couldn't she at least asked them how their day was. He was disappointed to say the least, but instead he decided to focus on the waitress. Strangely, whenever he looked at her, she always seemed to be smiling, whether it be to a customer, or just a random cat that walked in the café. 

But when it came to their table, all she did was put a tight smile. He could tell that sometimes she would try and be sincere but it was almost as if it hurt to see them in the café every week.

"Hey, we're ready to order." Soojin said with her hand raised, her head still in her phone. 

The waitress came over, "What can I get for you?" She asked, her voice was soft and she didn't speak with any resentment. 

That was the time that Soojin first looked up, she made eye contact and was about to look down again before she paused. She slowly looked up at the waitress again before asking her.

"Have we met before?"

Oof, I don't why it took me so long to get the first chapter out. I hope you guys liked it. I don't know what I was thinking of when I decided to start a new book when my first book only has 6 chapters but I look forward to this one. END will be updated soon! <3

~sunnyhyuck