"They're imbeciles," answered Severus. "What do you expect?"

"I'm about ready to murder that Potter boy," growled Lily, who was scribbling on her star chart. "He had the audacity to tell me we should meet up for a date after school. A date! With that snobby brat? Never in my wildest dreams."

"Psst!"

You looked behind Maddie. A Ravenclaw with round glasses the size of her skull was leaning over her chair with her astronomy book in hand. Her big, poofy brown hair reminded you of Selena's, only much lighter.

"Hey, Sybill," you said, vaguely recalling her name. You could remember most of the students by now, passing them in the hall or having class with them.

"Did you hear?" She asked, beaming. "Do you know Bellatrix Black?"

"Er, yeah," you said.

"She's engaged!"

"Engaged?" The four of you asked in unison. You three girls leaned in closer, but Severus leaned back into his chair.

"To Rudolphus LeStrange! They're getting married after she leaves school!"

Sybill, thinking that was enough information on such an intense topic, returned to the conversation at her table leaving you, Maddie, and Lily with jaws wide.

"Engaged? She hasn't even graduated!" Maddie said, shocked.

"That's so hasty," said Lily rationally. "She must truly love him, though."

"Or she's a pure-blood Black?" You offered. "It's probably arranged."

"Why on earth would they do that?" Asked Lily, a muggleborn. You looked to Maddie, who clearly understood. "What's it matter if she's a Black?"

"That's just how it is." Maddie said.

"The ancient families try to keep their lines 'pure' by only marrying full-blooded witches and wizards," you said. "I'm sure my aunt will marry off Selena at some point, too. It's kind of weird."

"I hope she doesn't marry you off, too, (Y/n)," Maddie squealed. "That'd be awful! Imagine marrying one of the pure-blooded boys."

"I'd run off," you said, joking around. The girls smiled, and you saw Sev fight a smirk behind his novel. "You'll never see me again, guys, send presents to the reception."

Remus returned from his trip safe and healthy by the end of February. You noticed that he often went near the third week of each month, likely the time the school had pardoned him to see his mother. But, the next month, in March, you decided to send a letter for him after so many times of going. You wanted to wish his mother some sort of getting-well, so you took your letter up to the Owlery the night before Remus was meant to leave.

Lily insisted on accompanying you. As your best friend, she was obligated to do so, or at least that was her argument. The same way that Alice and Mary were so close and Dorcas... well, she kept to herself, but she had recently been chatting with Marlene McKinnon, though you teased that it was for a shot on the team next year.

The Owlery was something you had never seen before. The chateau's small, doghouse-like owlery would be put to shame. This tower was on a hill separate from the school that was easy to access by crossing the only bridge that had a canopy over it. The tower, easily the size of the other turrets, stood tall and proud. The inside, contrariwise, was covered in owl droppings. Holes were carved into the rounded walls where the owls nested and open windows all over allowed them to enter the lone tower.

"Ruby!" You called her down. Your owl fluttered to your arm and chirped jovially as you tied the letter to her leg by a simple rope.

"I hope his mum's okay." Lily said, frowning. "Remus told me about it when he mentioned that he was leaving. Peter is really upset."