[ thirty-six : real life ]

i woke up in the middle of the night with an intense need to make my way to the restroom. i slowly start to get out of bed trying not to wake cody.

i tiptoe to the bathroom, as i walk in i turn the lights on and catch a glimpse of my messy hair and the light drool running down my face. i look down at my swollen feet but just as i do i feel water run down my leg. oh my god.

"holy shit." i say as my eyes finally open up wide. i raise my voice, "uh, cody!" no response. "cody!!" i say one more time, i hear the shuffling of him getting out of bed and running to the restroom.

"what happened? are you okay??" he asks running up to me. i motion to the spot on the floor below me that's wet. he looks at apologetically, "babe, did you pee yourself?" i lower my shoulders in defeat at his oblivious response to my water breaking.

"cody, my water broke. you noob." i laugh at him. his eyes brighten and then he begins to panic. "but we're not due for another two weeks! how? why? WE DONT HAVE A HOSPITAL BAG!!" he starts running around trying to gather things and grabs his phone ready to dial 911.

i step out as carefully as i can after him. "babe," he doesn't listen, "cody james!" i say louder. he stops in his tracks and finally looks up at me. "codes, we're having a baby." i say giggling. he smiles and runs over to me engulfing me the warmest hug. "and, we do have a hospital bag. your mom helped me put it together a few weeks ago, it's in the nursery." he sighs of relief letting his body relax into mine.

"i love you sadie." he says giving me a sweet kiss.

"i love you too cody."

// author's note //
hi everyone! i know it's been a while, i've actually mapped out the rest of this story. it will be coming to an end soon, i did initially want to write a sequel but seeing as it's taken me almost two years to write this first book i can't imagine how much longer it'd take to write a second lol!

i really hope you all have been enjoying so far and wanted to thank you for continuing to love on this story. i truly appreciate it! i love you all very much, i hope you enjoy the rest of the story. see you soon!

stay safe, be happy.

xo gabriela