[ nineteen: real life ]

i get a text from cody telling me he's on his way. i'm to say the least a little nervous about how he's going to take this.

i know he'll be happy for me. i just wonder what his reaction will be once he considers the issues we may encounter because of it.

the doorbell rings, luckily emmy is visiting her family this summer so i have the place to myself. my nerves start to build up again and i reach for the handle.

i literally felt like throwing up as i went to the door and it was just the chinese food. how am i going to tell him this?

a few minutes go by and the doorbell rings again while i'm putting the food into new dishes.

i take a deep breath and open the door to see cody standing there with a bottle of sparkling cider. he knows that i don't like champagne. i always loved that about him. he remembers details that don't seem like much but when considered it means so so much.

"hey baby!" he smiles. i return the loving greeting by giving him a quick kiss on the lips while grabbing the bottle from his hands.

"okay do you want the news now or after we eat?" i ask.

"are you kidding i've been anxiously waiting to find out what this news is. tell me right now!" he laughs.

"okay but sit down. its a big one." i tell him as he takes his seat already. i sit along with him.

i inhale and exhale heavily. i grab his hand and place it perfectly in mine. his touch alone helps sooth the anxiety within me.

"okay, uh here it goes. cody, i got a job offer from the dodgers organization." i say with relief that he finally knows.

"oh my gosh. sadie, that's absolutely AMAZING!" he says standing up and pulling me into the biggest and tightest hug. he lifts me into the air giving me the most tender kiss ever. once again it feels like the entire world just melts away when i'm in his arms.

cody goes into this speech about how happy and proud he is of me. i'm so grateful for him. he's so perfect. it's almost as he's reading my mind as he notices my shift in emotions.

"sadie, we'll deal with what comes as it comes. right now, i want to celebrate this amazing opportunity you've earned with you. we'll be okay." he says sympathetically while taking my hand into his. he moves his hand to touch my face and pull it into him for another kiss.

we pull away. "i love you cody." he smiles so big and it makes my heart flutter. "i love you too sades."