Chapter 1: Cosima

Chapter 1: Cosima

Cosima means Harmonious Universe.

You know how when people say life gives you lemons you should make lemonade? Yeah ignore them, instead take the lemons and pelt them at people you disagree with. Things will go so much easier that way. I say this because I'm sitting in science class and I suck at science. I felt something poking me in the arm and turned to see my friend Kallikrates. Her name means beautiful power, we don't call her that name though instead we call her Kalli or Rae. She's awesome, I'll tell you that first thing. She's quiet, courageous, and super duper sarcastic like me! I hangout with a lot of weird people including my twin brother Callix.

Callix is kinda like me in a sense except he's very arrogant and cocky, also he can be a bit of bully to the younger kids. See we go to this school that's made just for half bloods, like us. When I say half bloods I mean demigods. Only problem is I don't know who my godly parent is, same with Callix. Anyway I keep getting sidetracked with my thoughts, I'm sitting next to my best friend Kalli. She raised her slender eyebrow at me because it took me forever to answer.

"What?" I said giving her a look."You're dozing off again Cosima." Kalli answered giving a slight glare. I just shrugged and continued to daydream.

Kalli just sat there glaring at me. Kalli has short midnight black hair and blue green eyes. Kalli is fairly tall for her age and has an athletic build, actually a lot of demigods have an athletic build, except for me, I have a more petite body build. Kalli's mom is Nyx goddess of night. It fits her to be honest. Kalli is one of the stealth students because her mom is the goddess of night so it only makes sense. Where as I have fiery red hair, blue green eyes, and a slight tan. I have both a mom and dad and both of them are demigod's. So Callix and I don't know who our godly parent is because neither one of our parents told us if they were our real parent or not. Trust me when I say it sucks. It also doesn't help when I seem to be everything the other demigod children are. The only thing I'm not like is the minor gods and goddesses.

Kalli coughed and poked me. "What?" I questioned looking at her irritably.

"Cosi, did you not just hear the bell go off? It's time for weapons practice." I groaned. That means I have to deal with Andrew. Gah,he seems to think its fun to make my life a living hell, and I don't particularly like that. Sadly enough he's also best friend's with my brother Cal. Even though I don't really like Andrew, I can stand Calix's friend Alexander. Alex is what Alexander is more commonly known as and he's really awesome! He is adorable also, its hard to hate him.

Alex has messy cut sandy blonde hair with the clearest blue gray eyes. Now I don't mean to sound love sick or anything, but it's hard to hate Alex with his charming looks and great personality. Alex is tan and has like an Australian accent which is simply hot. Like drop dead hot. Man I sound like a girl. Anyways back to Alex. Alex's personality is my favorite part about him. He's a total sweetheart! He's funny, charismatic, he can be a bit of a prankster, he's also a pretty big flirt and he kinda has a bit of an attitude problem with adults. But under all of this is a very loyal, very caring, very sweet guy who just wants his friends to stay safe and wants to protect nearly anyone he meets.

"Hey Harmony." Alex called as we walked up to him and my brother and Andrew.

"Hey nerd." Andrew called. I scowled at him and rolled my eyes looking back at Alex and Callix.

"Sorry shrimp, I couldn't hear what you said." I sneezed and got a dirty look in return from Andrew.

Now Andrew is a jerk. He has dark brown hair with blonde highlights and dark brown eyes. His skin is a sickly pale color and he is short, like shorter than me. His personality is stuck up, arrogant, and egotistical. But he has his moments where he can be kind and caring but it isn't really shown. His father is Zeus so sometimes he thinks he knows better than everyone else. Uh yeah, wrong.

"Come on guys, do you really have to fight right now?" Kalli pleaded pouting at Andrew. "Andy you know Cosi will turn evil if you keep insulting her, plus do you really want Alex to get involved?"

Andrew opened his mouth to respond then sighed and nodded at her. Ha! See 'Andy' as Kalli calls him has a soft spot for her, and she uses it to her advantage. To be honest Kalli doesn't exactly like Andy that way, she likes somebody else. Who she likes though she won't say, and I'm her best friend!

Now her comment about Alex is true, usually when me and Andrew start fighting and Andrew starts to get really rude, Alex will get rude back, like a new side is shown of himself. He will start glowing very brightly and these light beams start shooting from his hands and hit everywhere, some hit Andrew once and he said they hurt. It made me laugh if I'm being honest.

"Yeah Andy," I smirked. "Do you want Alex involved?"

A scowl formed on Andy's face. "Fat chance of that happening, nerd. I don't fancy seeing him get involved."

I just snorted and turned away from Andrew. My patience was wearing thin and I didn't feel like killing him today. Instead I decided then would be a good time to talk to Alex and my brother.

"Hey Callix?" I batted my eyelashes at my older brother. He stopped his sniggering at the battle between me and Andrew to give me a weary look.

"What do you want?" He glanced at me wearily still.

Trying to be innocent and not give away my plans, I batted my eyelashes. "Well I was just curious, but I'm pretty sure I'm going to beat you to class." With that I slapped my twin, roughly, on the shoulder and booked it down the hall.

"What the gorgons Cosi?! You didn't have to slap me!" He bellowed, racing after me.

Giggles burst from my lips as I skid around the corner. Chancing a glance back I saw Callix gaining on me. A panicked expression slowly came onto my face and I started running faster. If you were me you would understand why I didn't want my brother to catch up. Turning another corner I spotted the training arena and our teacher.

Upon arriving at the doors, I threw them open with a bang and sprinted to hide behind my teacher.

"Eh?" Mr. Brixton sounded glancing towards me. "What'd you do now Cosima? Anger Andrew or your brother?"

"Well..." I tried off, peeking around my teacher. "A bit of both I guess, mainly Cal though."

"Cosima! When I get my hands on you, your dead!" Callix roared, running into the room.

With an 'Eep' noise, i hid behind Mr. Brixton again. I could just feel my brother killing intent oozing from him, that was not something I wanted to touch with a ten foot pole even if my life depended on it.

It seemed that fate was not on my side today because my worst nightmare happened, my brother had found me. An evil look appeared on his face as he slowly stalked closer to me. For every step he took towards me, I took two back. Like I've said before I wasn't in the mood to fight him today.It seems I didn't notice my friends walk through the door nor my teacher deciding now was a good time to start class. I was more worried about my life and sanity.

"Right," Mr. Brixton clapped his hands. Trying to gain our attention. "For today's practice we will be pairing up and practicing some new drills." Shouts of glee were coming from surrounding students when Mr. Brixton cut them off. "Unfortunately you won't be picking your partners, I have already pre picked them."

A huge collective sigh came from those in the surrounding area. I noticed Calliz seemed to relax and no longer looked as if he wanted to kill me. Though the creepy smile he had on could say otherwise.

Again Mr. Brixton clapped his hands. "Right, so the partners go as follows." With that he pulled out a sheet of paper and started reading from it. "Andrew and Callix." Andrew looked taller at the thought and Callix seemed to glow with evil intent. Did I forget to mention my brother can be a bit of a sadist?

"Kalli and Melody." Kalli grinned and walked towards the raven haired girl.

A few more names were mentioned till it got to me. "And next is Cosima and Alex."

Whispers broke out from the crowd and I froze. Slowly I turned to face Alex, my face paled when I looked at him. Oh dear gods and all that is holy, please allow me the chance to live. I thought, panicking on the inside, but outside I was as cool as a cucumber, or I tried to be. I don't think I was very successful though.  

Oh gods please let my death be painless.