"It's fine."

"I'm so sorry, I'll clean it - "

"Bec, I said it's fine." He's too calm. It's freaking you out that he's not freaked out. Why isn't he freaked out? He took a pad from your bedside table and gave it to you. "Gwarn, do your ting."

Wow. You've always known Cas is mature. But something about this situation, no matter how humiliating it is, proves it to you more. "Ok." You hurried to the toilet, shut the door behind you, and pulled down your shorts. It's a bloody mess.

Literally.

"Fuck's sake," you muttered, wrapping a towel round your waist. This is mortifying. You never thought Cas would see you like this. Even you don't like seeing you like this. It's uncomfortable. Yet, a few minutes later, he brought a fresh pair of underwear and shorts.

He set them on the sink. "I'm downstairs. Call me if you need anything, aight?"

"Ok. I'll change the sheets - "

"I done it."

Now you have to smile. No matter how shamefaced this situation is, he always finds a way to make you feel better. "Thanks, babe. You're the best."

~ • ~

You put that awkward predicament to the back of your mind and focused on getting ready for Zakai's birthday instead. Cas set up his presents and the decorations while you cooked the food.

This year's party won't be as big as his first. He'll have more fun with his loved ones than he will with a bunch of random grown up strangers. You're keeping his special moments, like these, closer to home. But, of course, his best friend, Headie, will be attending. Actually, he may have replaced Headie with Nevaeh, but you'll see when he wakes up.

"Bec, come here," Cas called.

You put the plate of kebabs in the fridge and went to the living room. Under the TV is Z's huge stack of gifts. "Oh, this is perfect!"

Cas replied with a quick, "mm," distracted by something on his phone

"Everything ok?" You asked.

"Nuk knows the girl's name. Lizzie. He's still tryna get her surname, though."

"Oh." As much as this girl holds the life and career of your man in her hands, you don't want him to murder her for it. She was in the wrong place at the wrong time, but that doesn't mean she deserves to die. "You gonna kill her?"

He sighed. "I don't wanna, but if she's gonna snake, one of the mandem have to do it."

"Just be careful, ok? I'm gonna go wake Zakai." You went upstairs to wake him up and bathe him, then brought him back. By then, all the people you were expecting had arrived, but he didn't know that yet. You held his hand and led him to the living room with a blindfold over his eyes.