Chapter 0.4

College Life + First (blinded) Love

Well say hello to College Life.

High School was tough, isn't it? Flora never knew that she could make it to college. Who knows that people in college may be better or worse. There are definitely so much more bad influence in colleges. Flora was afraid that she might fall into the bad companies. She is old enough to think twice about being part of those types of people who would ruin her future. All she wanted to do is getting through another stage of school life. What does the College Life have in stores for her? Let's find out.

It was the first day of school, orientation day. She ended up being in the same class as her high school friend, which she used to dislike back then, Nova Haniya. Surprisingly, they became closer with one another for 2 years. Flora never expected them to be supporting each other in some ways. They may not be "best friends", but she is someone that Flora can rely to. Furthermore, she was stressed with her modules and projects as she always does the brainstorming most of the time. Besides that, she is also disappointed in her grades, as she worked so hard in those projects, in the end, she gotten lower grades than she expected. However, she doesn't let those stops her from moving forward.

In between her college life, definitely there were sprinkles of love drama and here is how it went. In her first year of college, she met a guy named, Shane. It felt like they were fated to meet as Flora was working at a sports shop and he came by. The reason why she felt that way because they saw each other in some matches when they were in high school. He did bought some things with his friend and asked what time she was going to end work, as he invited her to eat dinner with them. Flora was ending her shift in 30 minutes so he waited, she felt amazed and started to have feelings for him. Yes, Flora tends to fall for guys easily and that was a mistake. After dinner and the day came to an end, he sent her home. For your information, he stayed near the sports shop which is the North side. Shane sent Flora to the East and back to North. How would you feel if someone sends you home when they were already near their home?

Not long after, they contacted one another and got together. Shane was more of a touchy person and eventually, Flora's first kiss was with this stupid douchebag. After a while, he kept companying Flora at work and when days goes on, Shane acted weird. He kept posting about a particular girl on all his social medias. Flora kept asking him about that girl and he said, "she's only my best friend, you don't have to worry". Boys with their excuses, am I right? Best friends flirting on social medias, huh? That's one great best friend.

One day, when Flora was working and Shane was sitting at the corner, he giggled all day long. He didn't even bothered talking to Flora, so what's the point of him being there? So, she stormed out and called Heidi Harlow, crying repeatedly. Flora was broken and she was going back to her old state. To add on, he even taught Flora to steal extra cash from the store, to spend it mostly on himself. How toxic can one be? He even dragged her to be as depressed as him.

Eventually, there were missing cash for a few days and her bosses had to check the CCTV. Flora was caught stealing the cash. She was panicking, crying, all over the place. Flora tried to get a hold onto Shane, he kept declining the calls and ignored her texts. When suddenly, he picks up the called and said, "fuck you, go solve it yourself! You are on your own", he ended the call. Her boss contacted Flora and he gave her a chance. She was so lucky that her bosses were kind that they didn't reported her to the police. Flora was left alone and there was Shane, apparently having fun with his "best friend".

The next day, Flora went to school, it was Sports & Wellness period she received a text. It was Shane, asking for a breakup. After all that she been through, a breakup text. In all her life, breakup texts are #1 in her dictionary. She cried buckets before the period even started. That relationship lasted two months and it affected her trust issues a lot.