Chapter No.31. Uncovering.

The next morning, we gathered at the command station where Janet and Sharon had spent some midnight oil trying to decipher the alien astronomical charts and symbols.

"We think we have discovered a few things about these aliens," Janet said. "They definitely are from a system near Earth, but we're not quite sure of its location."

"We believe that these aliens came to Earth to herd humans as a food source," Sharon said. "Evidently, they employed a religious scam to make humans think they were angels gathering the believers for a journey to Nirvana. At some point, the ancestors of the dome city citizens realized that and tried to stop it by firing a missile at one of their ships. That incident might have ended the alien's attempts to obtain more humans."

"There is also the possibility that the aliens succumbed to a human illness," Janet added.

I shook my head, "All this time we thought that humans were killed off by climate change. Ironically, removing billions of humans from Earth stopped climate change, at least to a certain extent. The only question is: are there human survivors on the alien home world?"

"Could be," Janet said. "We won't know until we discover the location of their planet and go there."

"I agree. In the meantime, we may as well complete our plan to reverse climate change. Bridget, Natale and I will go out with the shuttle and deposit the iron sulphate in the Gulf of Mexico and the Caribbean."

Janet and Sharon didn't say anything, but they realized what was going to happen and prepared for it.

Bridget, Natale and I went down to the engineering deck to get a drum of iron sulphate. We had COMA stop the wheel rotations so that we could more easily move the drum through the axel tubes and up to the hanger deck, where we could load it on a shuttle.

After COMA decompressed the hanger deck and opened the main hatch, I carefully maneuvered the shuttle out of the hanger so that I could fire the breaking rockets to plunge it down through the atmosphere

After COMA decompressed the hanger deck and opened the main hatch, I carefully maneuvered the shuttle out of the hanger so that I could fire the breaking rockets to plunge it down through the atmosphere. After leveling out at a thousand meters over the Gulf of Mexico, I flew a zigzag course while Bridget and Natale operated the controls to spray the chemical onto the water.

I flew out past what was left of Florida and Bridget and Natale resumed spraying again after I turned the shuttle southeast and flew over Cuba.