Chapter 15

"I was going to tell you but... Look lets go upstairs." Said Layla.

The three of us ran back up the stairs and sat on Layla's bed.

"I was a leader." She said.

"Of what? The vampires? The immortal?" Asked Anna.

"Of the demons." Layla replied.

"Huh?" I questioned.

What's happening. It's like my entire life is just taking a turn to the wrong way all of a sudden and whatever is moving me won't stop or head back. First my parents die, then I found out I had powers and now one of my only friends is telling me that she used to be the leader of the demons. This is crazy!!! I can't believe this! She's such a liar! She betrayed me. I really fell for her. No wonder she was so cold with me when I moved here.

"I was there leader for a few months, in those few months they told me about a married couple who had finally died, the couple hunted down demons and other evil creatures. They were terrified by the couple. They also mentioned that this couple had a kid." Layla explained.

"Let me guess, Cameron's the kid right!" Anna said loudly and furiously.

Layla nodded.

"Later on I found out that you we're actually really nice and cute and I saw that demons are the evil ones so I betrayed them and now they're seeking revenge. " Layla explained.

"I trusted you." I said.
I can't believe her right now. I felt my eyes become warm and watery. I had a lump in my throat and a knot I my stomach.

"Trusted?" She asked.

"How do we know you're not lying to us! What if you're a crazy evil person still!" Said Anna.

"Did you just call me crazy?" Layla asked.

"Yes! And evil!" Anna replied.

"I promise! Cameron. You know who I truly am, please believe me." Layla said.

I believe her. Something inside me is saying she's actually being truthful.

I got up and gave Layla a hug. I wrapped my arms around her. She pressed her head against my shoulder.

"I believe you." I whispered.

She quickly wrapped her arms around me too.

I let go of her. Anna had this hilarious look on her face.

She looked confused but also surprised.

"You guys are cute." She said while laughing.

I chuckled and so did Layla.
"Layla if I'm going to trust you, you need to swear to us that you'll never ever ever join sides with the demons. They're evil. More evil than you know. They hurt people! That's why they live! They believe that we are evil! The worst are zombies! They hurt people even more than demons because they don't even think about what they do!" Said Anna.

"I swear! I promise you that I'll never go back to them nor will I ever side with them, be their leader and anything else that would make me sided with them." Layla explained.

"So who's ready to kick some demon butt!?" Anna asked.

Layla and I nodded and smiled. Our plan was to go find the history teacher and ask for a map, then we'll ask him to show us where the demons normally stick around. We'll find them, knock them out, and then send them back to portal number twelve. We left the house. We walked to the immortal building.

On our way I held hands with Layla. I love her. I didn't think I'd fall in love again. Especially not with Layla. She's beautiful. She's nice and somehow I became her friend and I'm so thankful for it.

But God, I really miss my parents. I remember when I turned 13 they got me a book. It was about a man who did what he believed in and not what others believed. The book meant a lot to me. Since then I carried it around with me in my school bag, I don't know why I felt so attached to it but I did. After a few years it kinda got a bit ruined and beaten up, I've dropped it, spilled coffee on it and a number of other things that you can imagine would ruin a novel.

Anyways the book was also about how a person can change. The man in the book used to follow the crowd, he didn't really think about things until he decided to stand up for what he thought was right. Although it was fiction it still really inspired me to stand up.

Today is the day we stand up, today is the day we fall in love all over again, today is the day we stand together, today will go down in history.

Anna looked happy. She was normally in a really good mood but somehow she seemed to be happier than usual. We walked on a sidewalk. The sky was a greyish color. It made things slightly dark. The air was humid and smooth.

"Do you think we'll be in the newspapers.?" Anna wondered.

"The immortal ones maybe but it wouldn't be that good for us. The demons and zombies that didn't know about our plan to send them back to portal twelve will know who we are. And then they might want to hurt us." Layla explained.

It made sense, I wouldn't want the demons knowing that it was us.