Chapter seven

Once again I woke up to the sound of yelling. This time I did something about it. I went downstairs.

"Maybe if you were more like-" I interrupted Layla's mom.

"This needs to stop the past three days I woke up to the sound of you two fighting and honestly I'm sick of it! Can you please not yell or argue. Things were fine until now." I said.

"Thanks. I'm glad someone else notices the yelling because my mom clearly doesn't." Layla said rudely.

Her mom rolled her eyes and went off to go do the dishes. Layla was already dressed for school. She was wearing black leggings and a dark blue T-shirt with a super hero on it. Her hair was wavy. She looked... Beautiful.

I went into my room and put on a pair of dark blue jeans and a black t-shirt. Suddenly my phone rang. It said Anna and had a picture of her standing in front of an apple tree. I took that picture when we went apple picking last year. We had a blast. I picked up my phone.

"Hello?" I asked.

"Hey." Anna happily replied.

"What's up?" I asked.

"Well are you ready for today?" She wondered.

"Yeah are you?"I asked.

"I'm scared." She said with a very frightened tone in her voice.

"Don't be. They can't hurt us. We are too strong." I comforted.

"How are you so calm about it?" She wondered.

"I've been through a lot." I said.

"Alright, well I've gotta go." She told.

"K." I said.

She hung up. I ran downstairs and threw my school bag over my shoulder. It was heavier than normal because of all the supplies I had in it.

As I was walking to school Layla caught up to me.

"Ok, so here's a map of the portal were going to be in." She explained. She pointed to a corner of the map. "That's where we'll be teleported to after going through the portal." She continued.

We talked about the places we would find most demons in. We discussed about the places we were going to go till we got to school. I walked with her and Anna down the narrow hallways of our school until we reached the screechy doors of the basement. We were late. People were already going upstairs to go into portal number twelve. We followed crowds of people into an elevator.

Once we reached the room of portals we looked for number twelve. The outline of the portal was silver. It had fancy twists, dragons, cats, flowers and different mythical creatures engraved around the edges of the portal. The inside was a dark purple colour. It looked like purple clouds inside a darker purple sky. It was kind of pretty.

The three of us held hands and jumped inside the portal.