Chapter 14

The window busted open and a demon jumped in. I punched the first one in the face. It left the house. I sat on Layla's bed. She looked sad.

I don't know how much I can take of this. She's not even sad she's like being a loner.

"Layla! Come on! Why are being like this?!" I snapped.

She shrugged.

A demon came threw the window. It smelled awful and looked like a rotted corpse with no eyes. Simply a nose and mouth with long, sharp pointed teeth. I took a book and smacked it in the head. It was facing me and smelling the air, I guess it was trying to sniff me out and kill me. Anna took a medal trophy and whipped it at the demons face. It made a half screech half scream half growl. Layla left the room. I didn't have time to call her. The demon would have injured Anna. I pushed the demon out the window and it fell two stories till it hit the grass of Layla's backyard. It seemed unconscious or dead. Before I knew it, it had disappeared in mid air. I think that when they die the just disappear into mid air.

"Nice!" Said Anna while holding her arm up in the air waiting for a high five. I smacked her hand.

"We make a good team you know." I said.

She giggled.

"Ya, a really good team" she said sarcastically.

I smiled and we both ran down the long narrow stairs hoping to be able to catch Layla from leaving at the last second. Luckily we had came at the perfect time. She was opening the door.

"Wait!" I exclaimed.

She wasn't looking at me but I knew she was crying.

"Layla! Stop" Anna demanded.

She turned her head. She slowly and calmly closed the door.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

She looked at me with huge, watery, sad eyes.