Sadly ever after {Illumi x reader Angst}

Start from the beginning

"So you are Killua's brother?" you asked him making him hummed in agreement. 

"Ne..Mr. Illumi When is the deadline "you asked again which caught his attention as his neck snap quickly at you.

"I usually have a month but since you are a 'V.I.P' as they like to say it I got 2 weeks but now 1 week left"he replied hoping you were going to become sad or AT LEAST A FROWN but you just smile brightly and him and pull him towards your shelf. You spent the rest of the evening reading to Illumi and braiding his hair which he did not agree to but you did it anyway. Finally, you fell asleep in your bed tired from all the energy you used. Illumi found himself smiling at your cute figure and left the room quietly. 

4 days later...your father told you to get dress and brought in maids. 

"Why am I dressed in black am I going to a funeral?" you asked as you raised your arms for the dresser to tie the ribbon around your waist. 

"Yes m'lady" she replied as she fixed some of your hair which was escaping from your bun. 

"Whose?" you asked again suspicious that she wasn't answering like she usually does. Her answers would be specific and cheerful but her voice was hollow as if she has nothing else left in her life. 

"I cannot speak of that matter m'lady I am sorry" she replied as she finally finishes your final touch. 

"I said WHO?" you started to raise your voice at her in which she flinches. She tried to open her mouth to say something when your father came into the room and answered her question instead.

"Your mom"those two words made you break into pieces. You found yourself throwing things at the two individuals in front of you, thrashing, crying, screaming, and finally as they run out of the room you close the door and lock in panting from exhaustion. 

You felt someone watching you as you turn around to see Illumi staring at you with a shocked expression. You breathe deeply to calm yourself down and led him to your balcony.

"People cry when someone dies?" he asked looking at you as the wind blow his hair making him more charming in the moonlight. 

"Of course silly" you sniffed as you watched him tug his loose strand of hair behind his ears. 

"So will people cry when you die?" he looked at the beautiful view of the city.

"I don't know"you answered looking at him as he returned your gaze. 

"My mom...she always told me that we are the main character in our life" you looked back at the scenery as you feel the wind hitting your face gently. "She told me that someday a charming guy will come to save me from this hell." your voice cracked as you laugh bitterly. You flinched at the sudden cold hand lightly brushing against your cheek to tug your hair behind your ears. 

Then the hand swiftly pull back as Illumi mumbled a small sorry which was carried away by the wind. The rest of the night went quickly with you and Illumi having small chat and sharing silence. Finally, you ask a question that has been in your mind for a quite while. 

"Illu...Will you kill me?" you finally blurted it out. 

"...no..." he lied making you turn around to look at him in the eyes. 

"Then can you stay over tonight?" you asked trying to hide the faint blush on your cheeks. 

"Ok," he answered with no emotion. That night you found yourself snuggling into his neck taking in his scent. [it can be anything]. And feeling his strong arms wrap around you. You asked him if he could cuddle with you and he said yes without hesitation. Apparently, you drifted into sleep. 

You felt some liquid splash into your face making you forcefully open your eyes slowly. What you saw painted your eyes in terror. You saw your cat your only loyal friend lying on the floor with blood surrounding it and Illumi's large pin laying beside it. You look up at Illumi with anger as he just tched at it. 

"Why...IT WAS MY ONLY FRIEND WHEN YOU WEREN'T HERE...WHY...I HATE YOU I HATE YOU I HATE YOU" you started to scream at him yelling and crying but then you were cut off by a sharp pain in your belly. Everything went blurry as you started to become dizzy. 

"(Y/N)!" you could hear your father screaming your name banging at the door. You looked at Illumi whose face was filled with tears trickling down their cheek. 

"Why..." you asked as he released you dropping down the floor. "Why are you crying?" which took him by surprise. 

You were sadly smiling at him as tears fell down your face. He touches his own cheek to feel liquid flowing from his eyes. He looked back at you and peered down at the ground as a pool of blood started to surround you. 

"Why...Why are you always smiling?" he asked as more tears flow down his cheek. "When I first saw you I didn't know what happened I thought as soon as I kill you this weird feeling will be gone. But your father had to barge in. I would find myself coming back and for some reason, I kinda like this weird feeling. It would keep lingering inside of me whenever I am near you..." 

You just smile at his statement and move closer to him and held his shirt wanting more of his touch. He wraps his arms around you bridal style as more tears escape his eyes." I...I love you" you told him. 

"I...love you too?" he replied back causing you to giggle at his confusion making you cough more blood from the blow you took. 

"I am glad...to hear that" you replied as each of those words started to become softer with every word you speak. You close your eyes nuzzle into his chest. Your hand weakened and it started to fall down as your breathing started to become shallow. Comfortable silence was shared in the next few hours. Sitting there enjoying each other warmth for the last time. Finally, you stop moving gesturing your death. 

Illumi carried your bridal style and gave you a quick peck on your lips as he jumps off the balcony to escape from your father who came in late. 

I guess not all fairytales have a happy ending.