Sadly ever after {Illumi x reader Angst}

"And they live happily ever after", you read the last line of the story as your cat which you just read to meow in response. You looked out the window which was painted with the sunset view of the city. It seems like you read for a long time. You put your book back on the desk as the fur animal leap to the window. The dancing white curtain covering your pet making you get up from your desk to join it. 

You sat on the window as you pat fur ball which was purring in response. You started to see lights in the windows of the buildings and the little ray of the sun as it got replaced by the moon. Even though it was beautiful and peaceful....it felt lonely. You were royal blood and your father was a little too protective. He wanted to continue the family line so to "protect you" he locked you up in this empty building with servants and maids. Your mom would visit you when you were young and tell you fairytales but she stop visiting and you didn't know why. 

You felt your cat leap out of your lap and run towards a window and turned right in the corner which was beside your bathroom. You could sense a strong aura from there as you got up and cautiously walks towards the corner of the blind spot as you carefully conceal your presence. Grabbing a nearby object beside you which was a hairbrush you asked. 

"It's anybody there?"

Suddenly you felt a gush of wind and caught a glimpse of the black strand of hair in front of you, before you knew it your mouth was cover by cold hands which sent a shiver down your spine. You look at the girl...no man behind you. His eyes were dull as if all his emotion drained out and those pale and cold skin feels like a dead man's. But he was charming like a prince. He looked at you without any emotion as he brought out a pin. Before he could do anything you heard the door swing open making a loud noise. Your cat screeches and the beautiful man was gone. You looked at the new visitor to see your father panting as if he runs here. He probably did. 

The next day you spotted the beautiful man sitting at the window while you were reading silently in your comfy bed. You look up at him and smiled happily thinking that finally, you made a friend. But little do you know he was here to kill you. You decided to start a little chat with him but he didn't answer making you end up talking about yourself. You would find him hanging out there every day while you would talk to him about your life and tell him some of your favorite fairytales and he would just stare at you blankly. Sometimes you would spot a bit of surprise mixed in that blank expression of his. You've never heard his voice which makes you think that he didn't want to talk to you. Finally, one day he speaks up.

"You know that I am here to kill you right?" he asked in a monotone voice, his voice soothing like music and stern yet beautiful. You giggled at him thinking that it was a joke leaving a lingering feeling in his ears making him want to hear more of it. 

"Come on...What happened to hi? How are you? Besides if you are here to kill me you would have done it sooner" you stated as you wiped the tears from your eyes which were exhausted from laughing. He looked at you with a blank expression as he introduces himself. 

"I am illumi Zoldyck" he introduces himself but it sounded more like a warning. He was expecting you to have fear wash all over your face but no you were staring at him with confusion, scrunching up your face trying to figure out where you've heard that name before. 

"I need you to stop talking so your father won't suspect that you were killed," he informed you making you look at him with more confusion. 

"But wouldn't he find out that I am dead when you leave anyway?" you asked.

"My dad order for you to be killed and for your body to be never found" he replied leaving you pale remembering where you heard that name. Killua Zoldyck...you haven't personally met him but you heard someone called his name while you were reading that afternoon.