Christmas morning I wake up and slide a robe over my shorts and camisole set. It was odd it being Christmas and the weather being so warm. I turn to see Diego's side of the bed was empty. I showered and did my usual bathroom routine then go downstairs to the main living room. Where Diego and the rest of the family were gathered. I take a picture of all of them without them realising it. I say good morning to every one then sat down on the floor with them. The queen ask for a hot chocolate to be bought to me.

Everyone had presents stacked up near them Sophia's pile was the biggest one of course. I open my first present to see a red Chanel bag. I watch Diego open his gift from me it was keys to a Range Rover. I got Laila a YSL dress that I knew she had her eye on. The king got a selection of board games from me. We try as a family to get together and just enjoy each other as much as we can. I can't tell you how much I love that he bought this rule in.

I have family and finally understand what it is like to be loved by everyone in it for the first time.

I gave the queen a photo album of Sophia and a charm bracelet with a tiger as the first charm. It's her favourite animal, dad gave us books for Sophia and watches for both Diego and I.

Christmas came and went it was the best one I ever had. Soon it was new year and with it several invites to different New Year's Eve parties.  The family decided to stay in and decline all invitations. We didn't always have weeks to be together except for our summer break.

The day the royal family started doing engagements again was sad for me. I was leaving Sophia for the first time to do a joint engagement with Diego.

A week later Diego went to work leaving me at home. Leila, Camila and I were looking over the guest list for the christening which was to take place that Friday. We checked over the details to make sure everything was as it should be. Then I went for a run with a bodyguard on the grounds of the castle. Two days before the christening my family arrived. They were finally seeing Sophia for the first time in the flesh.

It was so good to see my dad and William again but surprisingly Emma wasn't with them.

The morning of the christening arrives and find my dad in the nursery holding Sophia.
"I'm a grandfather I've been waiting to hold her for a long time. Holding her for the first time was just magical. I remember when you were this age, I would walk around with you showing you off to everyone".

I wipe a tear from his eye, "Oh dad it's so nice that you're here. I miss you so much you always did give great hugs".

"Thank you for naming her after my mother".

I've such good memories of her before she died. It was a honour to name my daughter after her. I spoke to the king and queen you can come and visit whenever you want. I want Sophia to know her other grandfather".

"I'll try to come once a month at least I promise".

"Thank you daddy", I say to him. "I take it William is still sleeping?".

"He's having breakfast with your husband and in-Laws".

"I lucked out with Diego's family dad they have really supported me and fight my corner".

"As they should, I'm glad other people see just how amazing you really are".

"You didn't mention Emma".

"She's not arrived yet sweetie".

I take Sophia from him and put her in her carry seat. Can you take her downstairs for me please?"

"Sure sweetie".

We walk to the elevator and I press The button for the ground floor.  As we arrived in the dining room Camila takes Sophia and lays her on her shoulder.