Mistakes (3)

My foot was tapping against the white marble floor, my hands were shaking and we eyes were only glued to the door of her room.

I called Alice and told her about everything happened. She and Dad are coming here and would arrive any minute.

The door opened and Doctor came out. He saw me and walked towards my seat,

"Betty Cooper?" He asked.

"Yes, h-how's she?" I asked worriedly. He smiled and put his hand on my shoulder, "She woke up! Congratulations" My eyes went wide and a huge smile spread on my face. "Omg-Really?" He nodded. "You can go inside, if you want" He said and walked away.

"Jughead?" I heard and saw her mom and my dad, coming towards me. "W-What happened? Is my baby alright?" Alice asked, her eyes forming tears. "No, don't cry. You should be happy because she have woke up." I said and her eyes went wide. She smiled and ran towards her room, my dad following behind.

"Dad?" I called, before he could get inside.

"Yes?"

"Don't tell her that I came here." I said, nodding my head and turning away to other direction. A tear slipped from my eyes and I wiped it quickly. I heard him sigh and going inside the room.

Maybe my heart was telling me to come back and see what the town have been missing from 4 years. It's golden girl. Betty and I did had a history and I will always consider it a beautiful adventure. I will always appreciate the time, we spend together and loved each other, care for each other. I will always give it the importance, it deserves but I can't get back in her life.

I can't let her come back in my life.

I went back home and took my bag. Coming back wasn't a right choice because It brought back all the feeling I left. I thought, a new Jughead will come home but the Old Jughead never died.

I hop inside my car and went back to where I came from.

Betty's P.O.V

I opened my eyes and looked around the room. My head was slightly hurting. Only one voice was roaming in my mind and my eyes only wanted to see that person.

I saw doctor and nurse and they asked me few questions.

"You remember your name?" He asked. "Of course, I'm Betty Cooper." I said, groaning. "Your parent's name?" "My dad is dead and my mother's name is Alice. Doc, I remember everything."

"What year is this?" He asked.

I thought for a second and answered, "2020" He nodded his head and closed his notepad. "Betty, its 2024" He said. I chuckled and spoke, "Don't joke me with me. I--" I stopped when I looked at the hanging calender on the wall. My eyes went wide and I looked back at him.

"2-2024... How? What happened?" I asked. It was freaking me out.

"Four years ago, you had a accident. You were furiously driving to somewhere when suddenly your vehicle lost control and you ended up in a hospital. Believe it or not, but you have been sleeping from last four years." He said.

I couldn't believed to what I was hearing.

"Driving? I--Jughead?" I said to myself. I looked at the doctor and spoke, "Is anybody outside from my family?" He nodded and went out of the room.

I was really hoping to see him because before opening my eyes, I heard him. In my dreams, I don't know. But it felt so real.

After few minutes, my mom and FP came. She ran towards me and threw her arms around me.

"Omg..omg... You are awake. You are finally awake." She cried. FP came and kissed my forehead. "Welcome back! Kiddo" He chuckled. She pulled out of hug and kissed my forehead and stood next to him.

"Where's Jughead?" I asked and they both looked at each other.

My mother spoke, "Jughead! He--" "--He left. You remember. He never came back from that day." FP said, interrupting my mother. She looked at him and they both looked a little odd.

"No! I think.. I think, he's here. I heard him. He was talking to me and---" "--Jughead is married now Betty." FP cut me off and those words broke me.

He got married.

"H-He got married? W-What? When... I-I can't believe it. You are lying." I said, on the edge of breaking down.

He sigh. "It's been 4 years Betty. Everything changed. I'm sorry" He said and let out a cry. My mother came to my side and hugged me from the side.

I knew he was lying because I heard him and his words were coming in my mind. His voice, in the million years I wont forget. The lie didn't hurted but the truth that he didn't wanted to see me again after so many years, It hurted me.

It broke me.

A/N

You have came to the end of the story. 💜

Hope you guys enjoyed it.

Also, I will not be active for next upcoming weeks because its 'EXAM TIME'