The lift on the road

Betty P.O.V

Summer breeze hitting my face and sunlight flashing on my eyes, that's how I could describe my drive. I was driving to New York for visiting my cousin Anna and her mother. They were the sweetest human ever. I remembered, my last visit was on Christmas. We had a lot of fun, playing with snow, making snowball and throwing it on each other faces. We made an igloo too. I have read it books, Igloos are warm from inside, even when they are made with snow and they actually are. We decorated it with candles inside, laying down small carpets and small tables. We literally had our dinner in that little thing. Anna and I have made a special bond which I don't think I had with Polly. She was always concerned about her. She never cared about me.

Mom preferred her, which made me more distant. That's why, whenever I had chance I would visit Anna and her mother because there I know, I wont be treated like a guest, but a family member.

The car was running on the highway when suddenly I heard thumping noise coming from the hood of the car. I frowned and parked my car on the side of the road. "Great start of the day" I mumbled before getting off from the seat and closing the door. I went to the front of car and grabbed the hood. Bad idea, It was so hot. It dropped from my hands and I rubbed my hands on my jeans. I looked around and there was no car on the road.

I took off my flannel shirt and used it to open the hood. It helped and it got opened. Steam immediately started coming out and I coughed a little. I steeped aside and checked the engine. It was very hot and the aluminum material was swell. Meaning, the engine was overheated. It will approximately can run the car for 1 minute only, after that I don't think so it will work.

I groaned and kicked the wheel. "Ahhh--" I whined and looked around for any car.

From a distance, a saw a black car coming. I brought my bag outside and locked the car and hood. I lifted my arm out and signalled for lift. It stopped in front of me and the windows went down. I looked inside and saw a boy with black hairs and beanie on his head. His eyes were deep blue and he was wearing a black jacket. He smiled at me and said, "come in" He said. I opened the door and sat inside, throwing my bag on the backseat.

"Umm..hi" I said awkwardly. He chuckled and looked outside and my car and then back to me. "Hi and I'm Jughead by the way. Nice to meet you." He said talking out his hand. I gently grabbed it, "Betty" I said, and he nodded his head. He hit the accelerator and the wheels moved. "Where you from?" I asked him. "Riverdale" He said, making me confused, "What? I mean I'm from Riverdale too and I haven't seen you before." He chuckled. "Maybe we are from different sides." He said. I looked around the car and there was a little snake keychain, hanging on the front mirror. "You're a serpent, aren't you?" He chuckled again. "Yep.. But you don't need to be scared. At least this serpent helped you." He said, making me giggle."I wasn't afraid. And personally, I have always liked you group. I mean you guys defend each other and have each other's back always. It's so cool." I said cheerfully. He smirked. "Do you want to join then?" He asked. I giggled and sat straight, making my eyes on road. "If I did, my mother will be kill me with her shotgun." He chuckled. "Hey you didn't told me, where I have to drop you?" He said, smiling at me. "Oh yeah right" I said, taking out my phone and messaging Anna, telling her about the situation. "You just need me to drop at (random address)" He nodded his head and opened his phone. He dialled a number and put the phone on his ear.

"Hey Arch! Where are you?"

"Everyone have came already?"

"Yeah... I will be there"

"No bro! Okay.. I will be there by another 1 hour."

"And don't eat the food. That's my treat. Bye!"

He put his phone back at his pocket and smiled at me. "Are you getting late for something?" I asked, calculating from his call that he was going somewhere. "There's a party where I'm invited. But its fine for me, rather spending time there, I can talk with you here." He smirked and I giggled.

Finally the address came and he parked the car in front of the house. I turned to him and smiled, "Thank you for the lift." He smiled and leaned back at the seat. "It's okay. But if you really want to thank you me... You can give me your number if you want?" He smirked. My eyes widen a bit and I laughed. "That's the most weird way I have ever seen" I giggled and he shrugged his shoulders playfully. He gave me his phone and I saved my number. "Call me, then I will have yours." I said and smiled. I took my bag and went out of his car. I waved him byee and he took off.

With a smile on my face, I went inside.