Mistakes

Jughead's P.O.V

"Jughead I'm so sorry! I- How you came so early?"

"That's your fucking excuse that why I came early!" I yelled at my wife. Anna and I married few months ago and now what I have found a unknown man coming in my house behind my back and sleeping with her on my bed.

"No! I'm so sorry Juggie! It was a mistake." She said, cupping my cheeks. I laughed and pushed her hands off me.

"Please don't say mistakes. I'm done with people cheating on me and naming it a mistake." I said, and fall down on the couch. I let my head fall in my hands and tears instantly escaping.

I looked up and saw her wiping her tears and the man I caught before coming down with fully dressed clothes.

"I'm sorry man! But she doesn't love you anymore." He said, sliding his hand on her waist.

"No.. What are you talking about? What we had was a mistake." She said, pushing him away. He looked at her mumbled something. She whispered him back and looked back at me. Before she could say something, I spoke " There's no need for planning honey! I got money that's why you are still here. But guess what? I'm filling for divorce."

Her eyes widen and she tried to come closer, "You can't do that!"

"Watch me doing that, now GET OUT OF MY HOUSE! BOTH OF YOU." I yelled at them, making both of them jump. He took her arm and they went out of the house, leaving me alone and silence filled house which I call 'my home'

Anger filled mind did nothing but made me grab a bottle of whiskey from the cabinet and drinking it countlessly.

This same thing happened when I was in last year of high school. It was prom day. I thought that day would end with loads of happiness and memories but I didn't knew it will change my whole life.

4 years back

I was walking down the hallway, my mind destination towards gym where the whole event was organized. I smiled at the thought of the surprise, I have planned for Betty when suddenly sound of someone sniffing caught my ears. I opened the door of staircase and found Veronica sitting on the very end stair and crying, looking down at her laps.

"Veronica.." I said, my mind utterly shocked to see her like that. I sat beside her and rested my hand on her shoulder.

"Omg.. What happened? Should I call Archie?" I said, taking out my phone. "No.. No..please don't call that cheater. P-Please don't" She said, her voice shaking and broken. "What happened? I know we didn't connected in ages but I care about you. You can talk to me." I said, rubbing her shoulders.

She looked up to meet my eyes and I could see pain. "I-I don't know ho-how to tell you but you deserves to know the truth." She said.

"W-What kind of truth?" I asked.

"That..." She started. She looked at me and spoke, "...Archie cheated on me with Betty." Her voice reaching low as she said her last word. Her name, my Betty's name.

I shook my head and stood up from the stair.

"The hell are you talking about! She won't do that! I-I she won't, r-right?" I tried to fight her words but my whole body was failing me. She shook her head and spoke in nearly a whisper, "I'm sorry Jughead"

I moved a step back and crashed my back against the wall. The door swung open and it revealed my girlfriend and my best friend,

Together.

She saw me and her eyes went wide. She came closer and cupped my cheeks. "Jug, what happened?" Her eyes showed how much she was worried about me. I took her hands away from my face and looked in her eyes.

"Is it true?" I asked.

"That you cheated on me?" Her eyes went wide and regret was visible in them. "I-I.." She choked her breath and couldn't spoke, looking at other direction and ignoring to look in my eyes.

"So, you did cheat on me." I said, shaking my head and letting tears out of my eyes. She looked back in my eyes and grabbed my hands, "Jug.. Please listen to me. What I did was a mistake. I love you, p-please forgive me."

"Love?" I yelled and removed her hands from me.

"This is what you call love. People who love their partner doesn't go behind their back and fuck their best friend. They don't promise them for future when they can't resist to jump in someone's else lap." I yelled at her face.

She shook her head and spoke, "No! You are getting it wrong. We didn't went that far. We just kissed and met in bunker...." "--So, you still had the guts to meet him after cheating on me!"

Their was a silence.

She broke into into tears and rested her head on my shoulder. I wanted to push her away again but I didn't.

"I'm s-sorry.."

"I don't know why I did it. I was angry on you and in that moment, I don't know what happened to me. I won't deny that I met him afterwards in bunker also but I stopped because I was somehow realising my own actions. I didn't wanted to losse you so I didn't told you but I regret it. I love you and you only and p-please don't leave me. Im sorry, I'm re-really really sorry." She looked up and meet my eyes.

I put my hand in my pocket and pulled out the surprise which I planne for her.

She gasped and covered her mouth. It was a ring box, which I brought for her. I opened it and took the ring in my hand.

"I planned this for today"

"I thought of giving you this and promise to hold each other's hand in future but....." I gulped and put the ring back in the box. Her eyes widen and she grabbed my arm.

"Jug.. " She cried.

"But you ruined it Elizabeth. Hope you have a nice life with this carrot." I said and walked away.