"I'll hold you to that..." Eddy said, looking at the sunset with so much passion and longing.

Eddy was trying to make the moment last, engraving in his head the details of this day. The color of the sky, spilling soft yellows that eventually turn to darker oranges. The beautiful sky blue slowly turning navy. The pinks that were visible was now a burgundy. Eddy closed his eyes and smiled, painting the picture in his head.

Brett was also taking in the moment and the atmosphere, but he knows that the memory that will burn in his mind is the passion behind Eddy's eyes. The conviction of the words he let pass by his mouth. The fear of being left behind as he was younger. The sickeningly sweet truth of Brett's words and promises.

Brett may not remember the color of the sky this moment or what he and Eddy were wearing, but he will remember this. He will remember the promises he had committed to, even if there's a possibility that the ever so forgetful Eddy Chen will not remember it.

Brett stood up, holding his hand out for Eddy to stand up too. Eddy grabbed the helping hand and stood himself up. They were walking home, the moon was now visible. A cresent smiling down at the two. It wasn't as bright as Brett would remember it but this was the nature of it.

They arrive at Eddy's home, bidding their goodbyes even if they know that they'll meet each other again tomorrow. Brett smiled and greeted Mama Chen. He was glad that she wasn't mad.

Brett walked back home and tried to map out the conversation in his head. He was hanging on to the thread of Eddy's words, the emotions behind it. He felt important and special but Brett knows his limits. He knows how Eddy meant it as his best friend.

Well, best friend or more, Brett was intending to keep the promise. After all, he was in love with the boy. He was very much in love.

He entered his home, mama Yang scolded him a bit because it's already dark. She immediately asked him if he was hungry after the lecture, though. He was hungry and mama Yang just prepared a plate for him. She sat down across him on the dining table, just watching his son slowly grow up to a man.

"Why are you staring, ma?" Brett asked before eating an equal amount of rice and chicken.

"Nothing, just trying to remember when you'd get your braces off." Mama Yang replied, not wanting the conversation to get too sentimental.

"I think next year. Sometime along April or May." Brett replied.

"You just never forget, do you, my boy?" She asked thoughtfully.

"Well, it's kinda important, ma. I don't forget important things."

"Unlike your best friend, Eddy. Forgetting his violin when you were about to go to for the youth orchestra."

Brett laughed at the memory. It was quite unforgettable. Eddy forgot his violin when they were to board their flight for the yearly youth orchestra. Brett always laughed at the story when he remembered.

Brett was finished with his food and he washed the utensils he had used. Mama Yang was to send him off to bed after he was finished. As soon as he was, he brushed his teeth, got in more comfortable clothes and lied down on top of the covers as it was too warm for actually use it.

He looked up at the dark ceiling and recalled everything from today. He was holding on to it, even if he knows that it might be forgotten. Still, he slept with a good memory, dreams floating to his first love.

- - - - -

The next day, Brett was awakened by Eddy. Of course, Eddy had a bizarre and fucked up sleeping schedule. It always puzzled Brett how Eddy could have enough energy with that unstable circadian rhythm of his.

"Brett, wake up. As much as I'd let you sleep more, I know you already slept long enough last night." Eddy said, making his voice intentionally so Brett would wake up.

Brett didn't say anything but turned to let Eddy face his back. Eddy sat down on the bed and shook Brett slightly. Brett froze at the action, pretending to still be asleep. Eddy's hands were warm and they were on the sides of his body.

He didn't want Eddy to see his face. Brett was sure that it was hot but it became warmer the moment Eddy's hands got in contact with his body.

"Brett!" Eddy said, prolonging the r so that Brett will get the emphasis.

"Shhh... I'm sleeping." Brett replied weakly.

"Fine, if you don't wake up yourself, it's up to me to wake you up." Eddy said, determined.

Eddy laid down next to Brett, poking at his sides. Brett was still not going to budge; he wanted to savor it. Next, Eddy held his waist and pulled him in closer. Brett felt the warm body on his back but it was immediately gone when a loud bang came through.

It seems that Eddy had fallen down. Brett immediately sits up and find a grinning Eddy.

"You're awake, finally."

"Because you fell off the bed, dumbass."