Chapter 19 : I Saw Something

Start from the beginning

But Daisies...isn't it good to get back where you were without any chains to hold you back? You can be free there like you were.

So, an hour later, Mom emails me an online information ticket of mine. I check it on hotel's AirMac and then sigh. I actually have just last three days to clear my issues here and then take my leave... My heart twists. I'm officially speechless. I'm not renting any home nor owning an actual stuff here. I could even pack my few suitcases and fly up today. But why do I think the last three days are too short for me to prepare myself? Not mean preparing things, but I mean...preparing my hollow heart. And how I prepare my heart is a distracting myself—not to think of him, my boys, him, Gaho, Ahjumma, him, Gaho, Ahjumma, my beloved boys and him...again. I can't stop thinking about them and being unable to see them again. How am I supposed to say goodbye when they're too good to be apart from me?

So, this is me writing them songs on the hotel's note papers. I write to distract myself and kill the time. Well, actually I'm avoiding social-media stuff. Also, I officially just gave up for suing mean people talking shit about me on the internet. If I want to sue, the lists of people I was going to sue would be like Harry Potter book one till book eight. Maybe it wouldn't be enough, anyway. So I just shut everything up for a while, also turning my phone off, too, to accurately separate the world away. I need a huge peace to clench myself.

Thomas's also been trying to call me. But I'm avoiding him, too. He knows I've been mad at him since he kissed me. Ugh. I shouldn't have even gone into him at first.

I am really not in the mood to communicate anyone right now...but him. I write everything that I want to say in his face if he was here in note paper of hotel property. I write and write and write until there's no blank space left. It's like I'm writing a non-stop apology letter that makes me feel less guilty. But just so you know, it's still not enough to clarify what I've badly behaved.

While I'm writing an apology into a song, suddenly the sound of Email notification rings on from iMac. I thought it was a confirmed ticket from the airport. Well, it's not.

There's an Email from Thomas.

I was going to reject him when I read the subject of his Email that says...we need to talk. I'm sorry about what happened. But it's not the whole subject he wrote for me. There's mid sentence makes me jump out of my skin and click to read the entire Email immediately.

'...my friend sent me some good news for u.'

His Email isn't that long. Actually, it's short. Mostly, he says he's sorry for kissing me, but the main information of his friend is just on the subject. I sigh annoyingly before turn on my phone and call him eventually. I can't see him in public anymore. I officially begin being haunted.

"Go upstairs. My room is 1018," I abruptly tell him on the phone after he explained how much he's sorry for me.

* * *

"Come on in," I unemotionally say when I open the door for Thomas. He awkwardly grins and steps inside. I shut the door behind and just notice he has a little bruise on his face...like GD. "...wh...what happened to your nose?"

He pulls himself sitting on the sofa. "I collapsed...why do you stay here, though?"

I study his face a little bit before shaking my hand. After he kissed me, I've still got all the madness for him. So I decide to ignore both of our questions and finish our issues.

"What's new from your friend?" I say jerkily. I can tell he's totally awkward from sensing my tone.

"Look, Kim. I'm so sorry about what happ—."