ch. 1 | breakups and babies

"y/n.." ushijima sighed as he looked away, avoiding eye contact. you looked up at your boyfriend, curious as to why he called you over to talk to you in shiratorizawa's gym, especially at one in the morning.

"yes, toshi?" you started getting agitated. what's he not telling me?

"i think its best that we end it."

you crossed your arms and furrowed your eyebrows at him. "is this a joke? cause its not funny, toshi."

he looked down at you this time and looked into your eyes, an unpleasant aura around him. "im being serious, l/n. nationals are in two weeks and you have been distracting me from practicing. i need to keep my position as the top third ace again this year."

you gulped as your eyes threatened to tear up any moment because of the alarming way he was looking at you, and how harsh he spoke. "l-l/n?.. and, what do you mean by im distracting you? ive always tried being there for you and- and helping you as much as i can, i-"

"that's exactly the problem. you're there too much and im taking it for granted. i need to face these problems myself so i don't fail. i cannot fail. i can't have you sidetracking me when ive worked so hard."

he put his hands in his pockets like this meant nothing to him.

your voice started getting gradually higher, as you wiped you're tears away with the end of your sleeve. "so what you're trying to say is that—im the problem?! what about all those times you told me you loved me— were they just lies?!"

he sighed again and pinched the bridge of his nose, looking down. "maybe i'll consider being with you again in the future, as long as it doesn't affect me."

that sentence. that sentence he just stated was your breaking point. you were fuming, as tears wouldn't stop falling down your cheeks.

"you?- consider?!.. ushijima im letting you know, im never going to be with a good-for-nothing asshole like you ever again. everything i did was for you— you're so selfish! i can't believe i thought that we were meant to be, my mistake!"

and with that you dramatically turned around, letting out a 'tch' and speed-strutting towards the gym's exit, making sure to loudly shut the doors.

'i can't believe that asshole! three years of our relationship gone down the drain, just like that!'

<<timeskip>>

it had been almost two weeks since your breakup and lets just say, you weren't feeling the best. at all.

you took a deep breath in as you intensely stared at the fourth pregnancy test you've taken within that day.

its positive— again.

i hope u guys like this story😩💗

ignore spelling errors i wrote this at like 3 am

lowercase is intended

comment & vote