ch. 12 | soaking wet

7:00 PM

you flinched at the roar of a nearby lightning strike.

you decided to go on a run, ignoring the gloomy clouds above, until you felt drops of rain gradually increase.

you were now stuck on an unfamiliar street. large condos towered above you. sprinting to the nearest alley, you leaned on the wall, taking deep breaths as your clothes were drenched. you were hoping to find a helpful pedestrian nearby.

you fished out your phone, only to find it dead.

as you were looking down, trying to think of a solution, you felt a large hand on your shoulder.

panic-stricken, you grabbed your pepper spray out of your back pocket and swiveled around.

"y/n?"

cringing at the familiar voice, you put the pepper spray back.

"ushijima," you responded, making eye contact, "i told you to call me l/n."

"right, i apologize." he admitted, shoving his hands into the pockets of his grey sweatpants.

you two just stood there, the loud rainfall in the distance. you noticed ushijima's occasional gaze.

"stop staring at me" you snapped, breaking the awkward silence between you two.

"sorry," he apologized again, adverting his gaze, "its dangerous around this time, and you could get sick. go home."

"right," you sighed, "what're you even doing here?"

"taking out the trash," he responded, eyeing the nearby garbage bin in the alley, "also, i live on this street."

you felt your face heat up, feeling slightly embarrassed for not noticing the obvious.

"i was intending on going for a run, as well," he continued, "but i guess not."

you flinched again as another loud lightning strike hit nearby.

ushijima reached his hand out to comfort you, only to retract it, not wanting to make you feel uncomfortable.

"are you alright?" he asked. he didn't show it, but he was worried.

"i mean.." you looked down at your wet clothes.

"here, take my hoodie." he implied.

you felt your cheeks heat up as ushijima began removing the bulky fabric off of him, exposing his sculpted abdomen and v-line underneath.

"no!" you unintentionally shrieked. he immediately stopped, giving you a puzzled look. "i mean, uhh- i dont want to."

"but you'll get sick." he replied, furrowing his eyebrows.

"im fine." you replied, looking down.

"come with me before you catch a cold. it doesn't seem like the rain is going to finish anytime soon." he said, holding out a hand.

you wanted to disagree, but it was either this or waiting in that dark, creepy alleyway.

nodding, you ignored his hand and stepped forward, following him.

as you entered ushijima's condo, you couldn't help but notice the faint aroma of bergamot and amberwood inside.

his home was bigger and more furnished than you had expected. you thought it would be bland and boring, the black marble floors and furniture proving you wrong.