ch. 8 | just a stranger

as you were hurriedly walking towards wakahiko to give him a big hug your face was met with what you thought was a wall.

when you realized it was too late to be able to balance yourself, you shut your eyes closed, preparing yourself to hit the floor.

but you didnt.

no, this isn't right. why didnt I fall. what the hell- am I being held by a wall..?!

as you slowly opened your eyes, you looked up and saw schweiden adler's wing spiker gazing down upon you.

you widened your eyes and hurriedly jumped out of his hold, gaining your posture back. it took you a moment to take in the fact that ushijima was right in front of you.

as you brought yourself back together, you crossed your arms while cocking your head over to the side, an irk mark appearing on your forehead. if glares could kill, he would be long dead by now.

"what are you doing here?!"

he just stood there, intensely staring at your features that were right in front of him. usually, he would know what to say, but right now he felt like there was a lump in his throat.

you rolled your eyes and tapped your foot on the ground, awaiting for his answer.

"OH, USHI! YOU MET MOMMY!!" ushijima snapped out of his gaze as he heard wakahiko running over to the both of you.

"ushi?!" you muttered in a low and angry voice, so that only ushijima could hear you. he just gulped and looked over at wakahiko for some sort of assistance.

hiko noticed your aura as he got closer, which made him furrow his eyebrows "mama..? whats wrong?"

your face softened when you looked down at wakahiko and you flashed the best fake smile you could possibly ever pull off. it looked like you were never even angry.

"nothing's wrong at all, hiko! I was just having a friendly conversation with this.. stranger!" you exclaimed as you patted hiko's head to reassure him.

"but- you know who he is, mommy!" wakahiko stated with confusion on his face as he stared up at you.

"no, I really dont."

"yes, you do!"

"no, I really DONT!" you said as you grew your smile, getting more and more agitated.

"but you said that he's the most handsome volleyball pla-"

your smile dropped as you were now glaring down at hiko. "WAKAHIKO! YOU CANT JUST SAY STUFF LIKE THAT-!"

wakahiko just giggled and ran behind ushijima, holding onto his leg. "USHI! SAVE ME!"

ushijima slightly smirked when he heard wakahiko reveal your thoughts on him. he then finally pulled himself together, clearing his throat and putting his hand out towards you. "its nice to meet you, y/n. again."

your heart started beating faster as you noticed him say your name. it felt like you had waited decades just to hear it come out of his mouth again. and you hated that. it reminded you just how much resentment you had for the man standing in front of you.

you mentally shook your head as you broke away from your thoughts.

"actually, last time I checked, its l/n to you. your words, not mine. now answer my question, what are you doing here?" you said in a stern tone, ignoring his offer for a handshake.

"im here to watch wakahiko's game."

"YEAH! I ASKED HIM TO COME! CAN YOU BELIEVE I PLAYED WITH THE SCHWEIDEN ADLERS, MOMMY?!"

you choked on air for a second as you look back down at hiko.

"you WHAT?! you owe me an explanation when we get home!" you declared, intensely trying to not raise your voice too much at your son.

hiko just nodded. he knew not to push past his limits, even though he kind of already did.

"I don't see a reason to talk to you anymore." you said to ushijima while grabbing hiko's hand.

you strutted past him, bumping his shoulder on purpose. though you instantly regretted it after, as you rubbed your shoulder once you were out of his sight.

11:00 PM

you frowned as you munched on strawberry-banana flavored baby puffs. they were your personal stress relievers.

your head was filled with thoughts, which were all related to your baby daddy.

you ended up deciding that wakahiko had to come straight to your pastry shop everyday after his camp.

as much as you wanted hiko to be able to practice with his favorite team, ushijima would just make everything more complicated. you didn't want hiko getting attached to him just for ushijima to leave like he did with you.

am I being selfish for doing that?

why was toshi even there today?

does he know he's hiko's dad? no, right?

if he didn't block me out of his life back then, hiko could've had an actual father figure now.

we could've had a happy family.

did he even love me?

I hate him.

you let out a deep sigh as you shifted on your couch, grabbing your tv remote and playing hunter x hunter to distract yourself from the thoughts that were almost eating you alive.

imma start making chapters longer

thinking ab maybe making timeskip lev, semi and tendou fics

all of u are adorable, don't forget to drink water <3

comment & vote !