Chapter XIV

《In Port Royal》
Beckett: No doubt you've discovered that loyalty is no longer the currency of the realm, as your father believes.
Elizabeth: Then what is?
Beckett: I'm afraid currency, is the currency of the realm.
Elizabeth: I hope then that we can reach an agreement. I'm here to negotiate.

Beckett: I'm listening

Elizabeth: (Draws a pistol)
Beckett: I'm listening intently.

Elizabeth: (Shows him some Letters of Marque) These Letters of Marque, they are signed by the King?Beckett: Yes, and they're not valid until they bear my signature and my seal

Beckett: Yes, and they're not valid until they bear my signature and my seal.
Elizabeth: That is why I am still here. You sent Will to get Jack Sparrow's compass. It won't do any good.
Beckett: Can you explain me?
Elizabeth: I already went to Isla de Muerta. I have seen the treasure with my own eyes. I must tell you something about it.
Beckett: Ah, I see. You think the compass leads only to the Isla de Muerta, and so you hope to save me from an evil fate. But you mustn't worry. I care not for cursed Aztec gold. My desires are not so provincial. There's more than one chest of value in these waters. So perhaps you may wish to enhance your offer.
Elizabeth: (Draws a pistol to his neck) Consider into your calculations that you robbed me of my wedding night. (Gives him the Letters of Marque to him to sign)
Beckett: So I did. A marriage interrupted... (Signs the Letters of Marque) Or fate intervenes? You risks a lot to secure Jack Sparrow's freedom.
Elizabeth: I won't give them to Jack.
Beckett: Oh, really? To secure Will Turner's freedom then? I'll still want that compass. Consider that in your calculations

Elizabeth kept pointing the gun at him. Then, without stopping to threaten him, she started to leave but Beckett intervened with one more request.

Beckett: Don't forget that I want that compass! And that goddess too!
Elizabeth: (Turns around still pointing at him) What are you talking about?
Beckett: You cannot deny that you were her friend. More than a friend I would dare to say. Sister maybe?
Elizabeth: I don't know what you're talking about.
Beckett: It is normal for someone with that power to want to protect themselves from the world. But you don't need to keep hiding it. Many people in the ocean already know.
Elizabeth: Can you please explain to me? It only takes me a little movement of my fingers to hit the trigger.
Beckett: Flame...
Elizabeth: Old pirate legend...
Beckett: Everybody knew that she would return. Now, if she doesn't want to help, she deserves to pay with her life.
Elizabeth: Who assures you that she came back to life or that she is at least here in the Caribbean?
Beckett: She was seen sailing with Sparrow.
Elizabeth: How do you make sure it is her?
Beckett: At least three enemy ships the Black Pearl had, were burned down. And I do not forget the flames of fire that are seen at night on that ship. She is the evil of the night. A night monster capable of burning down an entire kingdom.
Elizabeth: Ruby...
B