Chapter IX

《On the coast of the island》
Jack: It is the second time that man has taken my ship.

Jack went to where the palm trees were to look for something that was hiding out there. Elizabeth, angry, tried to convince him to escape as he had the previous time. And Ruby just followed them without saying a word.

Elizabeth: But they had already abandoned you on this island! We can escape as you did!
Jack: With what point and purpose, young lady?! The Black Pearl is gone! And unless you have brought a rope and sails hidden in your clothes, which I don't think, young Turner will die, and we can't help him... (Begins to hit tree trunk)
Elizabeth: You're Captain Jack Sparrow...
Jack: (Begins to take long steps behind the tree)
Elizabeth: ...Who escaped from seven officers of the East India Company!...

Jack started to jump, Elizabeth, being so mad at Jack, didn't notice the sand moving as if there was a plank of wood underneath it. Ruby, still silent, noticed what Jack was doing, and stepped where Jack was treading, confirming the theory of the wooden plank.

Elizabeth: (Following his speech) ...And managed to do it without a shot! Are you the pirate I read about, or not? Say what did you do to escape.
Jack: Last time...I was here a grand total of three days, all right? (Opens a hatch that was on the floor) Last time...the rumrunners used this island as a cache. They came by and I was able to barter passage off. From the look of things, they've long been out of business. Probably have your bloody friend Norrington to thank for that. (Leaves the small cellar with three bottles of rum)
Elizabeth: So that's all?
Ruby: I imagined something more heroic. (Walks away and lies down on the beach sand)
Elizabeth: Thats the secret? The great adventure of the famous Jack Sparrow. You spent three days lying on a beach, drinking rum?

Jack: Welcome to the Caribbean, love