Chapter 4- How To Crack An Egg

Start from the beginning

At last, we made it to the ice cream place where there was a selection of flavours to choose from and toppings galore. It was one of my favourite places to go when I was feeling down and today was the day for it.

We hopped out of the car and walked insider, greeted by the heat and sweet fragrance hitting our faces.

The seats in the corner was our usual space and Cassie, a worker who always served us, guided us. "Hey guys, here is your menus. You know what to do," said Cassie, handing us our menus with a comforting smile.

"Thanks," We said in unison.

I flipped piece of paper, pondering over what I wanted to eat. Vic and Ami did the same. My usual was cookie dough ice cream with a bunch of chocolate syrup, rainbow sprinkles, and chocolate shavings.

"I want mint chocolate chip," Ami piped up.

Vic hummed as she looked over at her menu. "Mhm, I want raspberry ripple."

"Nice one. Might steal a little bit from you," Amara winked.

Vic looked her up and down, judging her. "No, the fuck you won't."

Amara shrugged her shoulders in a way that said we'll see.

Once we got our desserts, we dug in instantly, savouring every second as the soft goodness melted on our tongues.

"Wait," said Amara. "What were you guys talking about in the hall? You were upset, Hayley?"

I had forgotten all about the situation with Chynna and I dreaded telling Ami. I had to, though, she was my best friend and I told her everything.

Vic smiled, sympathetically, as she assured me to tell Ami.

Sighing, I replied, "Chynna and I were having our usual arguments and I may have angered her a little more. Then, she brought up Ryder."

Amara clapped her hand over to her mouth, setting it there for emphasis before bringing her hand down. Her face was dangerously neutral as she didn't say a word, only picking up her spoon and placing it in her mouth.

"Ami?" Vic called her name out, placing a hand on her hand.

"Yeah," Amara assured us but not well enough to make us believe her.

Narrowing my eyes at her, I nodded.

"Yeah, no, I'm gonna murder her!" exclaimed Amara, rising from her seat. She was ready to run out of the store. Luckily, I grabbed her hand and dragged her down in the seat.

"It's fine, I'm fine. She can't bother me. I'm over it," I placed my eyes on hers, letting her read me.

"Okay, as long as you are. I swear to the ice cream man, if she tries something, she's gonna have ice cream where the sun don't shine."

"Damn, Ami!" exclaimed Vic.

I could hardly contain my laughter as I clutched my stomach to stop the ice cream from coming back up.

"Please, if I need revenge, I will gladly call you Amara," I winked at her, to which she nodded. Her reaction made me think she was being serious.

Maybe, I was too...

"Oh my God, guys, did you see the new guys?!" said Ami all of a sudden.

Vic stopped eating her ice cream and nodded, frantically. Any faster and she was going to choke. "Yes!"

Vic sighed over dramatically as she fell against the seat. "They're hot."

"You think everyone's hot," said Amara.