Dance with me

He had been waiting. Waiting for hours it seemed and she still hadn't come.

He was pacing nervously around the room of requirement for ages and there was no sign of her. The battle was raging on outside and he should be fighting out there at her side but, she had told him to meet her here instead.

He didn't know why, but he made sure not to question her and went anyway.

But that was hours ago, and anything could have happened since then.

She could be dead.

Or seriously injured and can't make it here.

All these thoughts were overwhelming in his head and he couldn't think straight.

Anger rose-up inside of him, as he felt worthless and useless now that he was in here and not out there.

His fist collided with the wall in one fast but powerful punch.

He let out a curse word as the pain shot up through his arm and he shunned him self for being so stupid.

How could he have left her out there on her own?

How could he have been so stupid?

Then he heard it. The door opened and the noise of the battle increased dramatically.

He shifted his attention away from his hand and immediately to the door.

There she stood, covered in dirt, dust, blood and all sorts of other things. She had numerous cuts all over her. Her hair was dishevelled and parts of her clothes were ripped in places.

But despite all of this, he still thought she was the most beautiful thing he had ever seen.

"Draco" She breathed out in a sigh of relief.

"Hermione oh Godric I thought I had lost you" Draco exclaimed as he ran forward and embraced her in a tight hug.

"I'm right here Draco, I'm right here" she cooed into his ear whilst stroking his hair softly and slowly.

"What are you doing here? Why did you ask me to meet you here?" Draco questioned as he brought his head out from the crook of Hermione's neck and looked at her face.

"I needed to see you, I couldn't bare the thought of losing you or not seeing you one last time" she told him quietly as her voice broke slightly as she finished her sentence.

"Mione it's okay, I'm not going anywhere, and neither are you. We're going to get through this yeh? And we'll make it out to the other side, then we can tell everyone, like you've always wanted. We won't have to hide anymore Mione, we'll be safe" he reassured her whilst still holding onto her as tight as he could.

"And that's all I want" she said as a few stray tears escaped her eyes and trailed down her cheeks. Leaving lines as they washed away the dirt.

Draco gazed into her chocolate eyes and his heart broke as he registered the fear still swimming in them. He softly brushed away the tears that fell down her face with his thumbs, as he cupped her cheeks.

"I never want to leave here Draco. I never want to leave you ever again, I want to stay with you, in your arms forever" Hermione was becoming frantic now, feeling as though at any second their precious moment was going to be torn away from them.

"Dance with me" Draco said simply as he backed away from Hermione and held out his hand.

"What? But we don't have any mu-" she was cut off by a record player in the corner of the room playing slow and soft music.

She smiled warmly and sadly at Draco as she took his hand gladly and they began to sway together.

Hermione buried her face against Draco's chest as one of her arms wrapped around his back and looped over his shoulder, whilst the other held onto his hand as tight as she could.

Draco rested his cheek softly on the top of Hermione's head whilst one of his arms wrapped tightly around her small waist and the other intertwined with her hand.

He noticed how tight she was holding onto his hand, so he gave her a reassuring squeeze, silently telling her that he wasn't going anywhere.

The music almost drowned out the battle still raging on outside, but not enough to take them away to their own world.

They were still being reminded of what was happening right now and several loud explosions and bangs outside gave them that reminder.

Each time an explosion occurred, they held onto one another even tighter if it was possible and both softly cried into each other's embrace, praying each second that it would just end.

Minutes went by that felt like hours and they never once stopped dancing. The music was continuous and would just flow into the next song.

The room shook once and both of them let out a small gasp. They both lifted their heads up and locked fear-filled eyes. They both made silent exchanges with one another as another bang occurred and the room shook again.

This was goodbye and they knew it. There was no escaping now. The end was inevitable.

"I love you Hermione so so much" Draco sobbed as they both sank to the floor now as the room started crumbling around them.

"I love you too Draco. Always" Hermione sobbed back as they held onto one another so tight they could merge as one.

"Always"  They both repeated to each other softly one last time before the ceiling above them caved in and they both disappeared beneath the rubble.

~

And that's how they found them. The rest of the school. That's how they found the lovers who weren't meant to be. Wrapped tightly in each other's embrace. Still. Cold. Gone. Fear etched on their faces. Whilst their bodies showed love.

Here lies Draco Malfoy and Hermione Granger.

H.G ~ 19/09/79 - 02/05/98
D.M ~ 05/06/80 - 02/05/98

The lovers who died together in each other's arms.

~~~~

I am sorry this is so sad but I just had the idea of it so I had to write it. There will be happy ones soon, I promise.

Leave ideas in the comments and let me know what you think. :)