Malfoy Manor

Before you read this, this chapter has mentions of torture in this so if you are not comfortable skip to the next one. If you are then continue :)

"Get Draco" Bellatrix hissed through the gap in between the gate, whilst glaring at Hermione with her piercing black eyes. Her gaze lingered on Hermione for a moment more before she flashed her a devilish grin, baring her sharp and jagged teeth which made Hermione's stomach turn.

One of the snatchers that had a hold on Hermione's arms, pushed her forward through the gate and towards the dark and gloomy looking manor. It stood tall and intimidating, looming over Hermione, and it made her feel even more inferior than she already felt. Her thoughts were quickly switched to the thought of Draco and how her heart skipped a beat when Bellatrix mentioned his name.

She hadn't seen him in nearly five months since she left to go on the hunt for horcruxes with Ron and Harry, and it was possibly one of the hardest things she has ever had to do. She remembers how many times she had cried that day and how many times she'd told Draco how much she loved him. They had been with each other everyday since she found out that she was leaving and did not know when they were going to see each other again. Draco had done everything trying to persuade her not to go, even using the occasional snide comment about being a Gryffindor and how good she is. She just laughed at the comments but every time told him that she had to go, and that it was for good reasons. She hadn't told him where she was going or why she was leaving because of two reasons: one being that Draco was a death eater and she knew if Voldemort was to search his mind and see his memories, he would most likely kill Draco there and then and would also know that they were trying to find the horcruxes. The second being that she did not want to him to worry and know that she was in danger 24/7, she knew how stubborn he was and how he would not physically let her go if she told him what she was actually leaving for.

They had a few days together before she left and those few days were the most magical and amazing days she has ever had in her life. She remembers going out on walks around the black lake, hand in hand with him and just talking about anything and everything, he would occasionally bring up what they were going to do after everything was over, that was if it was going to be over. She would always avoid the question like it was some sort of virus. She did not want to think what life would be like if everything was alright, if Voldemort was gone, and they did not have to live in fear. This was because she did not want to have hope and then have it crushed right in front of her if the worst was to happen.

After asking a few times and her still avoiding the answer, he soon gave up and began talking about other things instead as he knew that she wasn't going to answer. They spent those last few nights together up in the astronomy tower as it seemed to be their spot to go to when they wanted to be alone. The summer air was welcoming and warm so it was no bother being up there.

The day came for her departure with the boys and Hermione had barely said anything, she was worried if she opened her mouth, then her façade would break and she would simply crumble. "Don't do that" she remembered Draco saying to her as she was checking the things she had already checked over a million times. "Do what?" she asked, not meeting his eyes, afraid that she may falter and the tears would begin to pour down her face. "That thing you're doing when you hide away all of your emotions when you don't want to talk about something" he said with a bored tone to his voice as if he was prepared for the argument ahead. "I'm not hiding anything, I'm just- I'm uh- I'm concentrating, you know, checking if I've got everything I need". She silently cursed herself for stuttering and giving away that she was trying to think of a comeback instead of admitting the truth. "Come on Hermione, you've gone through your things five times in the past fifteen minutes, you're stalling and I know it" He took a deep breath and used his hand to gently tilt her chin up towards his face so their eyes could meet, he flicked his gaze between each of her eyes, back and forth, almost as if he was trying to read her. "I-". He quickly cut her off by pressing a finger over her mouth and started talking before she had a chance to argue. "Look I'm going to say it because it's clear you're not going to", he rushed out quickly with a slight crack to his voice to hint that he was on the verge of crying. "What do y-" he cut her off again by covering her whole mouth with his hand this time. "Stop it, please, just let me say what I need to say", she sighed under his hand and nodded her head. He slowly took his hand off her mouth and continued. "This is going to be hard I know, but we have to be strong for one another okay? You know I'm not good at this sort of sappy stuff but this seems like the right time to be. I'm going to miss you so much I don't know what I'm going to do with myself, I love you and everything about you, whatever you're doing please stay safe for the love of Merlin and don't get yourself killed yeh?" He cracked a laugh but it soon died out when he saw a tear spill from Hermione's eye. "You blithering idiot you made me cry!" She almost yelled as she furiously wiped the tears from her eyes and playfully smacked him on the arm. "You didn't have to cry, I'm just that good at goodbyes". He joked and the sides of his lips tugged upwards, but his smile soon turned to a frown as he tried his hardest not to let the tears spill. At this point Hermione had cracked and the tears began to run down her cheeks and she squeezed her eyes shut to try and make them stop. "Now you're going to make me cry!" Draco blurted out with a sad chuckle and  two lonesome tears ran train tracks down his cheeks as he brought Hermione into a tight a desperate hug. She immediately responded and hugged him back too. They cried into each other for a few minutes before either of them dared to break the grip on one another. Hermione was the first to break away, she emerged from the crevice in between his neck and his shoulder and looked up at him with sad and pitiful eyes, whilst her arms stayed tight around his neck.