Chapter 12

Midnight's P.O.V

I walked away as fast as I could as I heard both of them yell my name. Of course I wouldn't stop, I couldn't stop. As I swiftly walked through the hallway I heard heavy footsteps fellow right behind me. I knew it was Jason and quickly picked up my speed. Of course he ended up catching me, roughly grabbing my wrist which made me stop in my tracks.

"Just leave me alone," I begged hoping he would let me go and leave me be.

Unfortunately, he didn't.

"You and I both know that's not gonna happen." He growled tightening his grip on my wrist.

I whip my head in his direction and try to give him the scariest glare I could muster. I didn't want to deal with this. I couldn't.

"Why can't you understand that I want nothing to do with that psycho!" I yelled.

Jason gritted his teeth and sent me his own glare.

"That "psycho" is your best friend!" He retorted back, voice full of anger.

My facial expression softens as I drop the glare and stare at the raven haired boy. He still has an intense glare on his face as he waits for me to answer. I lower my head so I don't have to look at his angered gaze and rest my chin on my chest.

"Was...." I mumbled feeling myself start to tremble in his hold.

"What?"

"I said," I clenched my jaw and furrowed my eyebrows. "She was my best friend."

I keep my eyes shut tight as I feel Jason's death grip on my wrist finally falter. I open my eyes to see his arms cower back to their owner.

"You disgust me." Jason growled.

"Tch," I look back up at him with another glare before slowly retreating in the opposite direction.

"Why would you do something so horrible to a person that cares about you!" He yelled as I started to swiftly walk away.

"Do you know how much she loves you!" He bellowed.

"Yeah," I mumble staring at my already bruising wrist. "I definitely feel the love."