Chapter 4

Midnight's P.O.V.

I stood silent as Jason stopped explaining.

"There is something wrong with her!" He said to me with a hoarse voice. "And it's not just her sanity."

I thought about it for a second.

Screaming...

"It isn't the first time." I mumbled.

Jason looked up at me surprised. I've never seen him look this desperate, in some ways it looks kind of scary. Most of the time he's either cocky or angry so this emotion was foreign to me.

"What?" He asked.

"A few weeks ago she had a similar reaction." I shrugged.

"See!" He explained. "Something is wrong with her! She isn't doing this on her own! She's inoccent!"

I held a hand up to quiet him up. He didn't like me silencing him that much, but he stood, quiet.

"Now, I didn't say anything like that." I tried to explain only for him to angrily cut me off.

"What do you mean?! They're obviously controlling her!"

I tried to speak again but he just kept talking.

"I know this isn't her doing." He told me. "She wants to get out of there!"

He was starting to annoy me but he still moved his mouth.

"Come on! Can't you see it?! She hates being like tha-"

"And what if she doesn't!?" I yelled at him. "What if she isn't being mind controlled by the Injustice League!?"

His green eyes widened at my outburst since I was usually the positive one.

"Have you ever thought about that?!" I don't know why I was angry but I just...was.

"Alex..." He said dumbstruck. "What's wrong with you? This is your best friend."

I turned away from his worried gaze.

I can't do this...

"She's not my best friend." I said, a lump in my throat.

It was silent for the next few moments. The tension between us was as sharp as a knife. (Does that make sense?! The_Bat_Fam).

"Fine." He finally said. "But don't do it to get your friend back. Do it as a solid."

I was about to immediately say "No" but something caught my attention.

"What exactly am I doing?" I asked, curiously.

"Oh nothing big." He said giving one of his naughty smirks.

I made a tsking sound and swayed my index finger back and forth slowly.

"Jason..."

He threw his bangs out of the way of his eyes before answering me.

"Oh sweet Alex." He grinned. "Have you ever heard of going undercover?"

Why that little...