[INTERVIEW WITH AMAZING FEMALE WRITERS]#4

GOOD EVENING/MORNING/AFTERNOON, I'M SO HAPPY THAT I GOT CHANCE TO INTERVIEWING AN AMAZING FEMALE WRITER RElizabethM, she written so many amazing books like: when stars fall, second landark & saving us. 

⨀ What is your favorite genre to read and why?

 I have really broad tastes in literature. Most often I read romance, literary fiction, YA, and thriller/mystery, but I'll read almost anything that grabs me and carries me away into a new "world" with a compelling story. My bookshelf is full and covers every genre. 

⨀ Why do you love being a writer?

Gosh, you'd think this would be an easy question. When I'm first developing a story, I like putting the puzzle pieces together. How do I weave the main plot and subplot? How do I create engaging, three-dimensional characters? How do I convey what's on my head on paper? Once I start writing, particularly on here, I love interacting with my readers. I like seeing the variety of responses to the same line or paragraph. I love seeing how all of us approach reading, characters, and plots from our own life experiences and with our own bias. Whatever my intention is in writing a character or scene, that gets shaped by the experiences of the person reading. I think that's really cool.

⨀ Could someone be a writer if they don't feel emotions strongly?

I consider myself a pretty level-headed person. I'm not quick to anger or cry or really any other emotion. But I'm empathetic. I'm a good listener. I think those things can help craft characters who have different experiences, emotions, and thoughts to what you might have. Unless you want to keep writing the same characters over and over, we all draw from people we meet or experiences other people have had. It's all about how you interpret the world, how your characters interpret the world in your story and less about you as a person.

⨀ How do you balance making demands on the reader and taking care of the reader?

Honestly, I'm not concerned with how a reader interprets a story as I write, for the most part. As I said earlier, the background of the reader impacts how they read any given story and character. My job is to get the words down, but I can't always anticipate how a reader will react.  

⨀ Do you view writing as a kind of spiritual practice?

Not really? I can see how other people would. Once a character takes shape, it really does feel like they're steering the story or guiding your hand as you write. But I'm also keenly aware of what makes a good story, so I never completely let those characters lead in the same way some other authors might.  

⨀ Which woman inspires you to be an amazing writer?

One of the first female authors I remember enjoying was Margaret Atwood. I don't write anything like her, but I admire her ability to take something mundane and turn it into something symbolic and meaningful. I've also seen her speak and she's very articulate in person as well. I'm also a fan of Holly Black. She writes primarily YA Fantasy/Paranormal. Her novel The Coldest Girl in Coldtown is stellar. In terms of romance, I've come to enjoy K.A. Tucker. In particular, her The Simple Wild/Wild at Heart/Forever Wild series does a wonderful job of crafting sympathetic, engaging characters while also have a very distinct setting. That's just a sampling of writers I enjoy. I tend to read quite widely, and my nightstand is overflowing with books (along with my bookshelf, my desk, some chairs...). 

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR GIVING YOUR TIME MA'AM, HAVE A NICE DAY/EVENING/AFTERNOON !