There's a Code:Red--and there's a Code:Zero.

Start from the beginning

He didn't spare me a glance as he walked to the middle of the room where I sat. He stood by the glass coffee table that was in front of me, his gaze directed to his team.

"As you all know, the youngest prince of Cimeria has been kidnapped," announced Six, his normally low voice seeming more grave than ever before. No one whimpered or fidgeted; everyone's attention was either on myself or Six.

"I have called this team here to help me catch the culprit and return the prince to his home. From here on forth, we are on Code: Zero."

Logan sucked in a quiet breath, his shoulders tensing visibly as the words "Code: Zero" fell from Six's mouth. Let me explain: Code: Zero was the code for a situation that required the entire XYZ to cooperate. All available agents would be dispatched to Cimeria to assist in the mission. For Six to call one....the last Code: Zero had been years ago.

"I have a team tracking down the whereabouts of the culprit with help from the queen's phone," Six informed. "Everyone, please get in gear and meet in the ballroom in thirty minutes."

Just as everybody began to stir again, Logan sat back down with me. "I'll stay with you."

"No, actually, you won't."

Logan froze, then snapped his head up to meet the icy glare of Six. Logan had never showed such a frightened face before. He was pale, the glow of his golden eyes seemed to disappear by the second.

"We need every agent possible if we are to retrieve young Master Sparrow," Six said. "That means you are to be dressed and in the ballroom in thirty minutes, Cross. Go."

"If Logan's going, then I am too," I stated, glaring into the green and blue circles that seemed to burn coldly with an emotion that I couldn't seem to place. No, his expression screamed, his lips pressed into a thin line before he turned away.

"Six, he's my brother," I snapped. "I have to go save him!"

"And you are the only heir to the throne. We cannot sacrifice you," Six practically drawled, using his "adult" tone with me; the tone that basically said, "I'm older than you, so shut up and just do what I say."

"I want to meet the guy who knows about my brother and--"

"Destroy him? Both you and Archer are so predictable," Six scoffed. "Is there no surprise in you? Oh, look, another reason not to bring you. The enemy can probably predict your next moves just by looking at you."

Anger flared through me. My mind wasn't even there as I dove towards Six, my arms outstretched as I prepared to give him a taste of "predictable." But suddenly, my arms were pulled back and I never got to give Six a black eye.

Looking up, I saw that it was Logan who had held me back, frustration and disappointment in his eyes as he glared at me. His mouth was moving but I couldn't hear anything around me, except for the blood rushing through my ears and the intense beating of my heart.

"Tsk, tsk, tsk," Six scorned, shaking his head back and forth as he chuckled at my reaction. "So impulsive." He met my eyes and smirked. Never before had I felt so a craze to strangle someone. Okay, maybe Pepper back at the academy.

"Cross, take her to her room. I'll send the royal guards up to keep her detained."

"Detained?" I snarled, my hands curling into fists. I kept fighting, but Logan's strong grip wouldn't break.

"Park, let's just go!' Logan begged quietly, tugging me backwards. "Six will get Jasper back; trust him."

"It was the queen's order to keep the princess in the castle," Six stated, turning away, causing Logan to pull even harder, desperate to get me out of the room. I struggled and wriggled but before I knew it, Logan had dragged me out of the room, and the doors in front of me were slammed shut.