Studying abroad equals Not in Cimeria

I felt like my insides had been deduced to stone. Cold, hard, heavy, stones. I gulped as I looked away, my legs trembling, unnoticeable (thank goodness!), as I pushed myself up. Hesitantly, I snuck a quick glance towards his golden pupils. Sweat beads were probably forming by now.

"I just moved here," I answered slowly, feigning ignorance and playing shy. My voice was a pitch higher, and much more softer than the normal tone I would use at him. So, yeah, I wasn't yelling or snarling like a rabid wolf for once.

That must've felt like a nice change for him.

"From where?"

"Korea."

"What's your name?"

"Kim?"

I'm screwed. I questioned my own freaking name. Logan would've heard that. He did hear it. Why else would he narrow his eyes and leer at me with angry suspicion? Then again, he normally had a deep scowl on his face so maybe that was his greeting-a-stranger face.

Logan bit his lip, and an overwhelming wave of cuteness hit me. I struggled to keep a straight, impassive face. However, I could tell that I was failing massively, because Cross smirked as he grabbed my arm and pulled me up. He used a bit more extra strength than he should've and I smacked straight into his chest.

I exclaimed, hissing curse words under my breath so he wouldn't hear me. Putting my palm to my head, I rubbed it tenderly and glared at him. Logan made a face.

"I hope that hurt, Sparrow," he sneered.

"Damn you, Cro--"

Only then did I realize my massive giveaway. Anger polluted the previous slyness that had inhabited his golden pupils and he all but shoved me away.

"What the hell, Sparrow!" his voice exclaimed, causing several passersby to gawk conspicuously at us as they strolled past.

"Shh," I tried saying before he silence me with those serial-killer-eyes.

"I thought, for once, you were going to be nice to me!"

"Aww, don't tell me that was Logan's first kiss on the cheek?" I cooed sarcastically. "Sorry if you're sensitive to every single thing that just happens to upset you. I apologize for my social awkwardness. I'm sorry you're my bodyguard."

"Yeah, I'm sorry too," he snapped. "It's the worst thing that ever happened to me, and that's saying something." With that, he stormed off, not even looking back. My face blanked. Did my schemes really tick him off that much?

I shrugged it off. He deserved it. Stalking me, telling everyone lies--I mean, truth--after six years of downright hell? No sir. It would take a lot more than raising my social status for me to forgive him. No matter how cute he could be.

I quickly moved from one end of the park to the other, where I crossed the street and entired Paradise Coffee. It was busy as usual as customers tripped over each other in line as they waited to order, or waited for their order.

The ladie's bathroom stall opened and I practically charged for it. Thankfully, I intercepted it when a vulture-like librarian began to approach the door. She scowled at me as I sent her a blinding grin before slipping inside.

This felt tedious. Why on earth did I switch wigs? Had I all done this out of spite towards Logan? It wasn't my fault I had people-phobia. Not really. But I just didn't like being around people whose existence I didn't even know existed.

Cross wouldn't understand. He had been surrounded by fans probably since he was a baby. An angel must have landed down on Earth and reported to the world that Logan Cross was part angel and deserved to be worshipped as such. That would explain everything.