Chapter 1

The day seemed like a normal, rainy day. People were rushing to their job, cabs or shops, in hope of finding shelter for the rain. I was walking down the street, trying to enjoy the morning weather. There was something relaxing in today's weather, reminded you of the weather in a horror movie. I looked up at a lightning, smiling to the roar of thunder that followed. I don't understand why everyone's in a rush on these days. There's nothing more relaxing than rain.

I walked into that new café Jessie had told me about. It had opened recently; I hadn't had the chance to visit it though. The place was nearly empty, only a few people in, quietly enjoying their coffee, or some pastry. I walked to the cashier, ordering a warm cappuccino, before taking a seat. I took my laptop out of my bag, opening and unlocking it, before taping into the file I was currently working on.

New York has recently been targeted by a new killer, unnamed, still good. I have personally named him Savage, it seems like it has stuck. People have started to call them that. No one knows who they are, why they kill, but that's why I'm here; to find out.

I felt like someone was watching me. I leaned back, bringing my cup on my lips. With the corner of my eye, I noticed someone watching me. I couldn't see their features, but I could still feel them staring, as I set my cup down and continued writing. "Staring is rude, you know." I was taking a risk, but I was used to it. The person stayed quiet, but I still felt them staring to me. I look up, my eyes meeting the stranger's green ones. "S-sorry..." He looked away. I felt myself smile slightly. "Can I help you?" The stranger looked back to me. Light skin, green eyes, dark brown hair... On his table was a smaller cup with coffee -by the size probably double espresso- and a tablet, open on an article. I couldn't make out the title. "N-no, I'm okay. Thanks..." I raised my eyebrow. He sighed. "I'm sorry, It's just... you're a new element. It's... surprising." It was then I noticed the surprise in his eyes. "It's a new café."

"That always has the same customers!" The guy said, almost laughing. "Oh well, now it has one more." I smiled tightly. He chuckled quietly, turning to his table. He lifted his cup, taking a sip from his own drink, before turn to me again. "Sorry if I weirded you out." He tried to avoid looking to me. I felt bad.

"It's okay." I smiled to him. He smiled back. I glanced to the clock. I didn't have much time before I had to get to work, but enough to finish the article, if I continued now. So, I turned to my laptop again. The stranger didn't speak again, he went back to reading. It was a small relief; I could finish my work without seeming like I'm ignoring him.

I had almost finished, when the stranger spoke again. "So... what brought you here?"

"My legs." I bit my lip. It sounded rude, I didn't mean it to! However, he laughed. "You're a funny one!" He said. I looked up. He seemed amused. "But that doesn't answer my question."

"A friend told me. Its closer to my workplace than the café I used to go to." He seemed satisfied. "Well, your friend has an excellent taste." He smiled. "I know." I looked to the clock again, just as I felt my phone vibrating. I glanced back to my computer screen. Almost done... Just a name...

I quickly signed off and saved it, before close my laptop and put it back in my bag. "I'm sorry, I'm afraid I have to go." I stood up, downing the rest of my coffee. The man was looking to me surprised. "Oh, uh, y-yeah, right..."

"Is everything okay?" I asked, putting my phone back in my pocket. "Y-yeah... I just... you drank that very fast..." I laughed. "I practically work on coffee. I tend to drink fast." I shrugged, before take my umbrella. "Do you need a ride? I'm about to head off anyways and it would be a shame to arrive at work soaked." He held a sweet smile. "Very kind of you, but I'll have to pass. I need to exercise more. Besides, there's nothing more enjoyable than walking in the rain." I smiled. He walked with me to the exit.

"Shall I hope to see you again tomorrow then, stranger?" He smirked jokingly. I laughed. "Perhaps." I opened my umbrella. I heard him curse under his breath. "Forgot yours?" I raised an eyebrow. "Yes." He admitted, looking down. "Let me walk you to your car then." He looked to me and smiled. "That would be nice." He got closer to me, and I moved the umbrella so it was in the middle. We walked in quiet, until we reached a black Subaru, type Forester, year 2017. "Well, stranger. Thanks for walking me." He winked, before taking out his keys and unlocking it. "Are you sure I can't give you a ride to work?" He asked again. "I'm sure. Don't worry about it." I smiled. He looked to the sky as another thunder roared and frowned. "The rain will soon get stronger. You're going to get wet, and sick. It would be a shame." He insisted. "I know what I'm doing." He raised an eyebrow, smirking. "Do you at least have something to change into, in case you get wet?" He asked. "Maybe I do, maybe I don't. I guess you'll find out tomorrow, huh?" I did, in fact, have extra clothes with me. I always do, on these days, and I keep an extra set of clothes at work. But he didn't have to know that. "Hope to see you tomorrow, stranger." He winked to me and got in the car. I smiled, before start walking away. I was ready to be shouted at for walking into the rain, but I know Jessie does this only because she cares. And I'm thankful for that.