Chapter 1: The soul travelled to a different era, Part 1

As night fell, the inside of the receiving hall of the General Manor was brightly lit with candles. Inside this spacious room, apart from a set of rustic, huge mahogany chairs, there were two men, one sitting, the other standing, one relaxed, the other restless. The young man impatiently walked up and down in the room. After several back and forth, he finally could not bear it. He looked towards the lean man sitting motionless as a mountain on the side, and asked: "Second elder brother, dumping that woman inside eldest brother's room, is it alright?"

Eldest brother returns today from defending the northern borders. To see a woman lying on his bed as soon as he comes back, he will likely either strangle the woman or strangle them out of anger! Blame, the emperor is to blame! It's fine for him to deliver some woman. General Manor does not have even one single maidservant. Then out of the blue many people came demanding where to put the woman!

Without lifting his head, Su Ren continued to gently wipe a silver spear, laughingly snapped: "Of course. She's the emperor's gift as eldest brother's woman. If not thrown in his room, in your room then?"

After hearing this, Su Yu immediately turned his back and roared: "I don't want it!" He dislikes the most that kind of frailty and delicateness, resigning himself to a rich scholar's young daughter, the thought alone makes a person spoil his appetite!

Su Ren shrugged his shoulders, his appearance indifferent. Actually a woman in a household is not quite bad. In time one will also be able to accept the changes.

"Don't want what?" A deep male voice resounded at the same time a big, tall, straight figure also appeared inside the house. A travel-weary Su Ling just returned home, still wearing the dark black armor and helmet which he had not enough time to remove.

"Oh nothing!" Su Yu forced a smile or two and laughed, "Eldest brother, you came back?" Su Ren stared at him coldly. What nonsense, eldest brother is standing here. Of course, he's back!

"Hmm." Su Ling nodded coldly, took off the helmet, poured a cup of tea and quickly drank it in one gulp.

Su Yu stared and winked at Su Ren hinting that he should tell Su Ling about the matter of the woman inside his room. Su Ren immediately bowed his head, his eyes blinking foolishly, but also acting as if he did not see anything. Su Yu angrily pushed his shoulder fiercely. Su Ren still had the appearance as if the matter was of no concern to him.

They made eyes at each other, pushed and shoved one another. Su Ling impatiently and coldly said: "You two, why are you behaving cowardly? Do you have something to say?" He hates it most when someone holds something back, dislikes people who say things and handle work slovenly. He was gone only for a few months. How did these two men acquire this bad habit?! Su Ling's face showed his displeasure. Su Yu who did not dare anymore to shirk from responsibility exclaimed back: "The emperor's gift of a woman was finally delivered at noon today. She's right now in your room."

Su Ling's hands holding the teacup stiffened, across his eagle-like eyes flitted a look of disgust, coldly he replied: "Look for a spare room in the rear courtyard. Get her out of my sight." Darn it! The emperor went so far as to really send off a woman to General Manor. Does he, Su Ling, fancy a woman he has not even seen yet?!

Su Yu looked nonplussed standing there. Su Ren simply shook his head immediately, lightly cleared his throat, suppressing a smile he replied: "That I believe isn't possible."

"Why?" Su Ren's face displayed a rather weird smile, Su Ling felt a kind of bad vibes about the matter. Su Ren kept on wiping the silver spear and did not answer. Su Ling turned to Su Yu. Su Yu muffled his reply: "Go in and take a look. You'll know."