Chapter 4: Surrender of the army, Part 7

The seventh day of training.

In the ever verdant and lush forest, during the day the dense foliage blocks the scorching sunshine, at night, the big branches and thick leaves equally keep the soft moonlight outside. Tonight although there's a full moon up in the sky, the moonlight can only spill through slits in the branches reflecting on the ground a motley of innumerable shadows.

Inside the huge forest, shadows in the vast expanse, a tall shadow and a dense mass of shadows heaving up and down, it looked a bit strange. In addition to the sound of wind rustling through the leaves, the sound of rapid, rough gasps of breathing can be heard.   

"One hundred and eighty, twenty more, persevere!" Clear and chilly, a stern female voice suddenly resounded in the forest.

In the dim light of the night, Gu Yun opened her eyes wide, intensely watching this group of soldiers she had trained for seven days, five hundred people were doing push-ups together, the people behind almost completely sunk into the darkness, if it were not for her excellent night vision, their every move is impossible to see clearly, conscientiously and persevering, fortunately they did not let her down.

The soldiers one after the other completed the task of two hundred push-ups. Gu Yun did not give them time to rest, immediately she yelled: "Line up."

The soldiers were still quick to move, just because it was not daytime did not mean they could go easy, from time to time came the sound of bodies colliding with each other, it seemed that they were not very much suited to this mode of nighttime training.

Waiting until everyone had stood up, only then Gu Yun's clear voice rang out: "Today is the seventh day of the training, you're already more than halfway into the entire period, starting tonight, you have a new training content. It is to learn how to execute and complete the entire daytime training programs at night, at the same time making night operations into your expertise."

Although one cannot say outright the surroundings was pitch-black, but to see things was basically difficult, to complete the day's training programs at night was already very challenging, let alone to make them their expertise. Each person's heart was beating wildly, in the darkness, many people could not see the expression on Gu Yun's face, but their guess was, right now across her face must be cold indifference.

"Before you start training, first you have to undergo a test."

Their hearts were now filled with uncertainties, in this pitch darkness a test? What test?

Gu Yun suddenly walked into the middle of the ranks, everyone stood up perfectly straight, however she only stopped at the boy's side, and asked: "What's your name?"   

"Liu Xing." Liu Xing immediately winced in fear, ever since that question about roudao the last time, Boss afterwards was constantly singling him out to do demonstrations, although ultimately he accomplished each demonstration, however each time it awfully terrified him! Tonight it is so dark, she should not see him! Before Liu Xing could finish reassuring himself, Gu Yun already exclaimed, "step out of the ranks," the command knocked him into despair. With a pained expression on his face, Liu Xing as if venting out his anger, bellowed loud, "Yes."

Gu Yun laughed in spite of herself, asking him to step forward drove him behaving like he has to face death with equanimity? Pointing to a brawny lad two rows behind, Gu Yun said: "You, step forward."

The brawny lad immediately stepped forward, yelled back: "Yes."

Gu Yun was quite pleased making the two of them come forward, she observed tonight the two of them have very strong night vision capability. They were very far away from her yet they frequently looked to her in the eye, while a lot of the men when she watched them their faces looked so vacant and at a loss.