Chapter 23: Ao Tian was sent into the jail!

into the jail!

"Ao Tian? Why have you come?" Waiting for that dark figure to gradually enter, Cheng Hang subconsciously asked.

Ao Tian indifferently half-leaned on the door and didn't enter the office. If he were a normal average person, it would appear as if the person was lazy or mannerless. However, his expressionless face only revealed a cold indifferent face. With his back facing the moonlight, besides his dazzling silver hair, people could only see a dark figure.

Simply ignoring Cheng Hang's question, the dark silent figure stood there firmly. No one could ignore his presence. It was like if he didn't want you to know his presence, you wouldn't know that he was there. However, if he wanted you to know his presence, you couldn't ignore him.

His appearance in the office changed the overall atmosphere. Su Ling's square face looked duller.

This person was very elusive and eccentric. If you asked him to come, he might or might not come. Not to mention he suddenly came without being asked! What was his purpose in coming to the Xing Bu? Dan Yu Lan secretly speculated. Lu Jin surmised the presence of Ao Tian here could change the case, whether it be for a better result or... a crisis!

Stepping forward, Lu Jin lightly smiled, "For the last half-month, cases kept on appearing in the capital. The only obvious feature of the assailant was his silver hair. Truthfully, we want to inquire you to hopefully confirm your innocence. After all, you've captured many criminals for this country. We also do not want to doubt you."

His cold eyes showed an unconcealed irony. From the beginning, he had never captured criminals for the country and he also didn't need people's trust. Ao Tian coldly replied, "Don't talk around, just straightly ask what you want."

Gu Yun felt amused. No matter how she listened to it, the mannerless sentence that came from his mouth was inevitable and right.

"Okay." Lu Jin no longer kept the formalities. These kinds of words to Ao Tian were simply meaningless. "On the 11th, 16th, 19th, 23rd and tonight, where were you?"

Ao Tian was silent for a while but cooperatively replied, "During the afternoon of the 11th, after sending the criminal to Xing Bu, I went home and didn't come out again after that. On the evening of the 16th and 19th, I was... at a big tree, sleeping. On the 23rd, I was at my residence and didn't go anywhere at all. Tonight, I only went to Fu Hua Road, and then came here."

He was at the Fu Hua Road earlier tonight! Cheng Hang urged, "What did you do in Fu Hua Road? When did you arrive and when did you leave? Is there anyone who can prove your words?" He didn't know why, but he just thought that the man in front of him was connected to the case!

"I came to Fu Hua Road at 9 pm and left at 9.30 pm. I have always been a loner so no one can prove my alibi." The clear baritone voice revealed the arrogance of its owner. Cheng Hang's face darkened. He unhappily glared at Ao Tian. Who did this man think he was?

In comparison to the angry Cheng Hang, Lu Jin was relatively calm, "Tonight's case happened on Fu Hua Road at exactly the same time as you've said. This makes you a suspect. Can you recall anything or anyone that could verify where you were, and what you were doing at that time? This might help you prove your innocence."

This time, Ao Tian chose to remain silent and didn't bother to explain. At one side of the room, Dan Yu Lan suffered because there was no evidence at hand, while at the other side, Ao Tian remained arrogant and indifferent. The atmosphere of the room once again turned cold.

"At the night of the 16th of this month, I was with him." A calm female voice broke the silence of the room and the sound of a shattering cup followed soon after that.