The weekend

8000+ words

(unedited)

Like always- Let's just jump into it 🚶🏼‍♂️

Friday Afternoon

Like predicted, Mr. Gardner was just as bubbly today as he was yesterday.

He informed the class of the dates and found out that everyone was able to come. Besides one girl who had an unfortunate excuse to stay. It didn't really matter since their was more girls than guys in the class. Including me, there's 6 girls, then the rest of the class is the 4 boys who all stick together. Making our little class trip one of the smallest ever-

Even though I'd have to suffer four nights crammed in a room with four other girls, all I could think about was getting to enjoy my time with Mr. Gardner. He was basically gonna be a tour guide. He boasted to us about all his plans. What the rough layout looked like for us and our couple days spent in 'Bel paese'. Which he soon translated to "beautiful country."

As time went by and class ended, I found myself subconsciously staying behind. Of course.

Unfortunately Mr.Gardner couldn't stay. He said he had lots to do before next week and had to leave. Lucky for me though, I was able to sneak a kiss before he left. Oh! And did I mention I got his number?!

He claimed that he needed to be able to text me this weekend. That it was important and that he'd text me as soon as he knew. He failed to tell me what he needed to wait for, but I didn't bother to ask. Waiting for his text was already so thrilling on its own.

I'm currently sitting on the edge of my bed, listening to a 'Rainy Night Coffee shop ambience'. Instead of having loud blaring music, I preferred old vintage classics or light ambiences. The stories I'd run through my head when listening to them always put me in the best mood.

As I sorted through stuff for Italy, I couldn't help but imagine what it would be like next week. Listening to the rainy café audio had me picturing the perfect night. Me and Nathan- I mean Mr. Gardner, sitting in a small Italian café. Just him and I, drinking Italy's best herbs while staring out the window. Light pelts of water hitting the glass as it pours outside. The environment warm and small. Barely anyone is in the café, just enough to create a small hum of distant conversations. The best thing being that not a single soul knew who we were. For all they knew, were we a cute couple just experiencing the romance of the city. Maybe I'd even be able to hold his hand. Hear his stories from past trips here and get to know him even more. It's all I really want.

Mids of daydreaming of my professor, my ambient audio was interrupted when my phone dinged from behind me. The loud noise having me quickly looking over my shoulder. My phone laid on my bed, it's screen lit up with a new text notification.

I quickly got up from the edge of my bed and laid down on my blankets, picking up my cellular device and smiling at the text notification.

Messages
Nathan

I didn't even read what he had sent when I first unlocked my phone. Mostly drawn to the fact that I had him saved in my phone as 'Nathan'. It was my own way of getting satisfaction since he always had me refer to him as Mr. Gardner.

Opening up my text app, I saw the first message he sent me.

"Hope I'm not interrupting your packing. How's things going?"

I smiled wide and shook my head. The way that he just assumed I'd already be packing my things. He was right though-